Disenchantment (Netflix)

The Gnat

14 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

And I do think that there is a fair amount of it that just feels like a medieval Futurama.

This is all I took from it. Wasn't a fan after a few episodes - it's trying to be Futurama, but falls considerably short, IMO.

Might give it a 2nd shot, but did not like it much initially.

I thought it was pretty good. It felt like the first two or so episodes were really trying to get the basic plot out of the way so that it could become more episodic. I do agree that it's a weaker version of Futurama probably more on par with a number of the last second episodes. But I thought it was enjoyable, and it was a nice medium weight comedy, not too over the top but not trying to play it too safe.

I've wrapped up the show, it's nice that it was short. It was a little different, but thought that  in the end, it landed pretty well. I mainly liked how everything has been tied together throughout the episodes, so if you think back on it, you can see how various things tie in together.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I've wrapped up the show, it's nice that it was short. It was a little different, but thought that  in the end, it landed pretty well. I mainly liked how everything has been tied together throughout the episodes, so if you think back on it, you can see how various things tie in together.

Is it really worth continuing? 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Is it really worth continuing? 

I mean, I found it relatively funny mainly because of some of the absurdist humor with it. If you haven't been sucked in, probably just skip it. But I thought it was solid with the humor that was going on and having the voice of an IT Crowd actor was fun in it. I feel like it might be references and voices that make it more worth it.

It gets better as it goes on, but it never got better than "Above average" and it doesn't hit that until the final 3 episodes.

7/10 of the episodes are flat out medicore. It's watchable but if you're gonna watch a Netflix Cartoon do BoJack, it's sooo much better.

Archived