Final Roster Cutdown: 2019

coordinator0

1 minute ago, jpeter15 said:

Cyrus Jones is also a local product having gone to Gilman. My guess is he is a huge Ravens fan and the Pats were the last team (or second to last) he wanted to go to and he manipulated his way back to the Ravens ;).

Worked out well for Terrance West tbh (though he went to the Browns first)

6 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Cyrus Jones is a guy I am very interested in adding to the practice squad.  What happened to him in NE?  Was it simply injuries?  Did he fall out of favor?

If we were to bring him up, I wonder who the most likely cut would be?  Perhaps Janarion Grant? 

Yeah that would be my guess. I don't think Grant really offers anything as a receiver so "losing" him there isn't much of a concern. Bringing up Jones to replace him there if need be would be fine.

Just now, sp6488 said:

Can someone explain the rule for this to me? Why were the Jets able to claim Kaufusi to their practice squad (rather than active roster)? Ostensibly we would have wanted him on our PS if he cleared waivers. 

He cleared waivers, or he must have, otherwise I have the same question as you

10 hours ago, jpeter15 said:

Cyrus Jones is also a local product having gone to Gilman. My guess is he is a huge Ravens fan and the Pats were the last team (or second to last) he wanted to go to and he manipulated his way back to the Ravens ;).

Ozzie was able to coordinate with him through his Bama connections. It was the perfect plan. 

1 minute ago, Danand said:

He cleared waivers, or he must have, otherwise I have the same question as you

I would be quite confused if we didn’t want him on ours. Maybe he wanted to go somewhere else? I don’t quite get that though as he would still be able to sign to play somewhere else from our squad. 

4 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Can someone explain the rule for this to me? Why were the Jets able to claim Kaufusi to their practice squad (rather than active roster)? Ostensibly we would have wanted him on our PS if he cleared waivers. 

There isn't much of a rule. Kaufusi cleared waivers and then was free to do as he wished. Looks like that was signing to the Jets' practice squad. 

5 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

There isn't much of a rule. Kaufusi cleared waivers and then was free to do as he wished. Looks like that was signing to the Jets' practice squad. 

Which makes sense. Our DL unit is pretty deep. Signing to our practice squad likely wouldn’t do Kaufusi any favors for his career. He was never going to get shine here. Elsewhere he might be able to make an impact and thus be provided with a healthy career.

Archived