Preseason Week 4: Los Angeles Chargers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

So last preseason game before the real show begins. Believe it or not, I don't really see many, if any spots open heading to the game. I think the roster is pretty much set. Maybe Wick vs Hikutini or McFadden vs Mosely for PS spot. Aside from battles like those, we have a pretty clear view of what our roster should look like. 

Hopefully this is a game James really shines with extended playing time. Would love to see Dj Reed get time for majority of the game as well. 

I was listening to Chris Biderman on the NinersNation Better Rivals podcast this morning and he mentioned that Cole Wick may have the inside track for the 3rd TE spot over Hikutini. At first, I questioned that because of the overall positive response to us signing Hik as a UDFA last year and, honestly, not knowing who the hell Cole Wick was.

But a great point is made on the podcast that we have a lot of mouths to feed in the passing game, so does a 3rd TE who can't block and "specializes" in pass catching really need to make the team? Apparently, Wick has been a much better blocker and better overall TE than Hik. I think we cut Hik and sign him to the PS.

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There is a thread in the General forum on the top 10 offenses in the league and most are excluding the 49ers. Interesting. 

I noticed that too. So far I think I saw one person include them in the top 10. They were actually who I was thinking about when I asked by what metric, but then I got lazy and decided I didn't want to do a top ten list lol

Archived