Titans trade for Kamalei Correa

615finest

3 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I wouldn't say they were being foolish. They were in a bind during the 2017 offseason after their weak side ILB, Zachary Orr, suddenly retired. Matt Judon, who was drafted the same year as Correa, had already surpassed him on the depth chart. Plus they drafted Tyus Bowers in the 2nd and had Tim Williams fall to them at the end of round 3 in 2017. That's what made them decide to move Correa inside, but he wound up getting beat out by a converted safety. Having moved him back outside this offseason, they must have felt they they were deep enough at the position, hence the trade.

It feels like his departure was more due to the circumstance of a late round pick shining immediately and a BPA-based FO winding up landing two edge rushers high in the following draft than it was Correa just being a disappointment. I don't get a Kevin Dodd vibe from Correa even though the production is similar. 

Also interesting to note, including Correa, the Ravens have spent five, day 1 or day 2 picks on front seven/edge players since 2016. Thats not even including Judon, who was a 5th round pick and is already a starter. 

No, Correa was being slotted at ILB in his rookie minicamp and training camp in 2016. What happened with Orr and the rest on the edge wasn't a big factor. It's obvious that was their plan for him from the beginning. Trust me, it's been a well-debated topic on Baltimore's board for the past couple of years when it's come up. I'm not sure I'd trust Pees to utilize him/anyone correctly anyways, but the Ravens did not regardless.

Archived