Blockbuster Ravens trade former 2nd rounder Correa to Titans

dtait93

I'll take it. Correa was looking good at OLB this preseason, but there were too many guys ahead of him: Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Za'darius all being roster locks and a couple others in the mix. Usually teams aren't able to get anything when they have an overload in the preseason and just have to cut the guy. But, Correa is worth the 6th if it's a position of need.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Doesn't mean they are bad though. As Ravens fans have said in this thread, they are kinda stacked at the position.

Correct. Didn't mean to insinuate that, as I do think he could help the Titans both at ILB and OLB. Watching his college tape I thought he'd be a versatile 3-4 ILB that blitzed all over the place, but it sounds like that niche hasn't worked for him thus far...

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Titans only parting with a 6th rounder for him is a steal if they play him outside.

i would assume and hope we do. ILB depth is looking fine right now with woodyard, jayon brown, and will compton all healthy and rashaan evans looking like he'll probably be ready for week 1, whereas we're really hurting at edge right now with morgan and landry out. strange that they'd go get the guy for that after pees moved him inside, although i guess it'd be vrabel making the final call.

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i would assume and hope we do. ILB depth is looking fine right now with woodyard, jayon brown, and will compton all healthy and rashaan evans looking like he'll probably be ready for week 1, whereas we're really hurting at edge right now with morgan and landry out. strange that they'd go get the guy for that after pees moved him inside, although i guess it'd be vrabel making the final call.

I don't think anyone knows who made the call to move him inside, but it seems clear it wasn't Martindale considering that we had him playing outside this preseason. It was either Harbaugh or Pees, and I guess time will tell who made that call. I hope Vrabel overrules Pees, because playing KC inside is literally a wasted roster spot. Playing him outside you'll get some good depth.

This is a win/win for both teams. Titans get a young player at a position we really need depth at (OLB is hopefully where we're playing him) who has shown some promise this preseason. Meanwhile, the Ravens get a draft pick for a guy they were most likely going to cut.

Here's hoping Pees uses him better the 2nd time around than he did the 1st (if it was his decision to move him at ILB).

Archived