Blockbuster Ravens trade former 2nd rounder Correa to Titans

dtait93

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

This is a win/win for both teams. Titans get a young player at a position we really need depth at (OLB is hopefully where we're playing him) who has shown some promise this preseason. Meanwhile, the Ravens get a draft pick for a guy they were most likely going to cut.

Here's hoping Pees uses him better the 2nd time around than he did the 1st (if it was his decision to move him at ILB).

You also get a great special teamer. As already mentioned, Correa was a victim of being utilized in a wrong way, playing out of position, and he might not have the upside to warrant being picked in the 2. round, but everything seems like he is a great person, hard worker and contributor on special teams.

35 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised he couldn’t get the Ravens more. I mean i know people are saying win-win but was he really worth such a high pick if they only get him for a 6th and a few years service? Just sounds like the Titans made out in this one

I believe the Ravens made a bad commitment, then tried to make the best of a situation and tried him out at inside linebacker, it didn't work and now he was caught in no mans land at a position with great depth and was expendable even though he seemed to turn the corner once he was back at his natural position.

Dean Pees running the long con here.

Sees film of Correa in college, but knows he can't play for the Ravens at OLB because of Suggs and Dumervil. Purposefully moves him to ILB so that he'll bust.

Pees "retires" to go to another team, then convinces the GM to trade peanuts for Correa to play OLB there. Profit!

Moving Kamalei to ILB actually benefited the team in the end. It allowed them to then draft 2 vastly superior EDGE pieces the next year in Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams. If you're looking for a bright side when turning a 2nd round pick into a 6th lol.

KC is a good kid and stayed strong through some rough times. If he continues progressing he could become a Poor Man's Clay Mathews type player.

He fell into a weird and rare situation here with the Ravens. Matt Judon selected in the 5th round of the same draft immediately proved to be a more talented OLB, Suggs continues to mock Father Time, Za'Darius Smith continues to ascend, and the Bowser/Williams pairing shut the door on him. 

With 5 better players in front of him in the rotation and only 1 more year left on his rookie contract, why not move him for compensation? A 6th round pick isn't chump change for the Ravens. We hit on super talented players in the 6th in the '16 and '17 drafts with Maurice Canady and Chuck Clark, and then this year Deshon Elliot certainly looked the park before breaking his forearm. 

It just sucks Correa has to play for Pees again. A cruel twist.

Lots of Steeler fans wanted him....personally always thought he was overrated.

6 round pick is a solid deal for both sides, though.   Ravens get something for a player they were going to dump, and Titans dump a pick that usually busts for perhaps an okay backup...maybe more with the right development...(see Pees is with Titans)....but probably not.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:07 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised he couldn’t get the Ravens more. I mean i know people are saying win-win but was he really worth such a high pick if they only get him for a 6th and a few years service? Just sounds like the Titans made out in this one

He's not good.

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No.

Matt Judon was drafted at the same position in the same year got on the field as a situational rusher his first year and has worked his way to the top of the depth chart. If KC was better right away than Judon, he would have that spot and the whole ILB experiment wouldn't have happened.

I don't know why everyone wants it to make it an either/or of KC being talentless or being put in a situation with no chance to succeed. Other players at the position showed more and/or were more highly regarded and that in part contributed to his limited opportunities at his natural position.

Archived