Kamalei Correa traded to Titans for 6th round pick

M.10.E

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Makes sense, honestly. He just showed the most promise he's ever shown so you might as well take the value you're getting there because the future is Bowser/Judon/Williams.

Yup. Getting anything for him opens up a roster spot plus hopefully another dart throw in next years draft. Had very little shot of playing ahead of those guys + Smith this year.

Yeah, that's the right right move. No room for Correa in the rotation with Baltimore now that they realized he actually is an edge player (you know, where he played at Boise State). Sad that the team/Pees wasted a second round pick but it is what is is at this point. Interested to see what the compensation is but probably nothing more than a 4th. 

Just now, coordinator0 said:

Yeah, that's the right right move. No room for Correa in the rotation with Baltimore now that they realized he actually is an edge player (you know, where he played at Boise State). Sad that the team/Pees wasted a second round pick but it is what is is at this point. Interested to see what the compensation is but probably nothing more than a 4th. 

I think it is significantly lower, a 6th at the highest

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Yup. Still blows my mind how the team tried a conversion project with a mid-second round pick. 

I think they tried a conversion to ILB when they saw how far behind he was our other OLBs during his rookie year. Game just didn't translate to the pros. It happens.

Disappointing given he seemed to turn the corner after being played in his proper position for the first time in his Ravens career, but we're stacked at the position and 7 OLBs was always going to be too many to carry on the final roster

34 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

i mean sure he is going to excel in Tennessee with his former DC Dean Pees who crtainly knew how to use him. good for him! xD

You make a good point.  It would be such a Pees thing to do to move him back to ILB

43 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

They were moving him to ILB right from the start, even in mini camp.

And that decision should go down as one of the worst decisions this coaching staff has ever made on the defensive side of the ball. Overall it'd be right up there with forcing Oher to play LT, and then RT, and then LT, and then RT, and then LT - all while pissing off Jared Gaither and running him out of town in the process.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And that decision should go down as one of the worst decisions this coaching staff has ever made on the defensive side of the ball. Overall it'd be right up there with forcing Oher to play LT, and then RT, and then LT, and then RT, and then LT - all while pissing off Jared Gaither and running him out of town in the process.

What's more likely, three coaches aligned on the wrong decision, or a Ravens second round pick was a bust. I'm going with the latter. Why didn't the Ravens move Judon to ILB? Because he was good at OLB, unlike Correa. 

PS: Gaither was a mental bum.

Archived