Bengals extend Carlos Dunlap

49erurtaza

21 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Doesn't Brown have a pretty good track record of paying his guys that were drafted by Cincinnati? Just not free agents? Either way, I didn't realize Dunlap was still playing on a high level. Glad he got a nice chunk of change though. 

Absolutely.  These are third contracts for Atkins and Dunlap.  Guys like AJ Green, Dalton, Burfict, Whitworth (for three full contracts) recently, and he always paid top talent (Palmer, Chad Johnson, Willie Anderson).

We spend our big money on our own guys instead of outsiders.  It's fruastrating in March, but awesome when these deals get announced

3 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Absolutely.  These are third contracts for Atkins and Dunlap.  Guys like AJ Green, Dalton, Burfict, Whitworth (for three full contracts) recently, and he always paid top talent (Palmer, Chad Johnson, Willie Anderson).

We spend our big money on our own guys instead of outsiders.  It's fruastrating in March, but awesome when these deals get announced

It is, but its also why the Bengals have always been a fringe team. You cant build a serious contender strictly through the draft and by retaining your own. You have to have a balance of both and I cannot remember the last time the Bengals made a splash signing to help their team get over the hump to the next level.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It is, but its also why the Bengals have always been a fringe team. You cant build a serious contender strictly through the draft and by retaining your own. You have to have a balance of both and I cannot remember the last time the Bengals made a splash signing to help their team get over the hump to the next level.

I'm not areguing.  It would be nice to get a big piece or two in free agency.  But this is Mike Brown we are discussing, and his changes move at glacial speeds.

Archived