THURSDAY Preseason Finale GDT: Ricos' Last Stand vs. A bunch of guys that the Texans are about to cut

DaBoys

Will Rico make the team  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rico make the team?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares, he sucks.

colebeasley.doc_.png

Game is Thursday at 7.

I wish this game weren't important but damnit Cooper Rush and Mike White need some work if that's who we have to rely on as our QB2/QB3.

The better question is, can you justify keeping 2 below average backup QBs, when you have a young sturdy starting QB, and intense position battles elsewhere? We have a FB plus 4 RBs, and 100 WRs that have all made a case to be on the team. Plus we look long at DE. 

Would you rather have Cooper Rush and Mike White with possibly both sitting on the bench all year, or a guy like Lenoir, Tapper, Darius Jackson,.....or RICO GATHERS.

If they cut Rico, and keep both Rush and White, I wanna see why on Thursday.

And with that my work in the preseason is done. I have quietly led us to an impressive 0-3 start and the league's best defense. 

After this I nominate @flyingmonkey30 to be our first GDT general of the regular season. We shall follow his giant shadow to the promised land.

I will oblige.

As for the Rico question, I haven't voted yet, but I'm leaning towards he should make the team, but probably won't. The reason I say that is, to me, Jarwin, Swaim, and Schultz are largely the same guy. Rico offers a totally different skill set. Is he a knucklehead who might be in the wrong place ten percent of the time? Yeah, he probably is. But if you can live with those growing pains you get an incredibly unique pass catching weapon that will get better with time.

I don't think the coaching staff has the patience or time to deal with it, so he probably gets cut and scooped up by a team like Green Bay or something.

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

As for the Rico question...I'm leaning towards he should make the team, but probably won't. 

I don't think the coaching staff has the patience or time to deal with it, so he probably gets cut and scooped up by a team like Green Bay or something.

I voted yes, but this sums up my thoughts as well.

Current stats:

Cooper Rush(25 in November) playing against 1s and 2s with 1s and 2s:

32 of 49(65%) 275 yards - 1 TD -  2 INTs

Mike White(turned 23 in March) playing against 2s and 3s with 2s and 3s

31 of 49(63%) 296 yards - 0 TDs - 1 INT

We only need one of these guys imo. 

"Rico Gathers has played better than Dalton Schultz in my opinion, and if it came down to just keeping three tight ends, he’d be my selection over Schultz. I believe there is a chance that this staff will carry four tight ends on the roster, not wanting to expose Gathers or Schultz to the waiver wire. NFL general managers generally don’t like to release draft picks because it looks bad and they fear for their jobs. This situation is different. The general manager here is also the owner of the team and job security is not an issue."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-eye-which-roster-spots-are-up-for-grabs

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

About to go 0-4 in the preseason smh 

What a way to start for a team with "playoff aspirations" 

Its been proven time and time again that there is absolutely no correlation between preseason record and regular season record. Teams have gone 4-0 in preseason and 0-16 in the regular season. Teams have gone 0-4 in preseason and won the superbowl. 

Its irrelevant. Might want to find something else to smack your head over. 

Archived