THURSDAY Preseason Finale GDT: Ricos' Last Stand vs. A bunch of guys that the Texans are about to cut

DaBoys

Will Rico make the team  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rico make the team?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares, he sucks.

Played well:

Dorance Armstrong

Charles Tapper

Caraun Reid

Lewis Neal

Jordan Chunn

Rico Gathers

Dalton Shultz

Michael Gallup

Mike White 

Lance Lenior

Played like trash:

Cooper Rush

Cameron Flemming

Kadeem Edwards

Darius Jackson

Bo Scarbrough

WR #19

Please congratulate your POS punt returner Lance Lenoir for setting a new low for bush league cheap shot hits.  Second to last play of a 4th preseason game and this fool is out there trying to take out our gunner by launching at his head instead of fielding the punt.   Would have been so satisfying and justified for the Texans to have returned the favor on the final play as the opportunity was there on the sideline, but glad they just let it ride as not worth getting someone hurt or suspended with a melee over this idiot.   No idea if this scrub is making your squad or not, but we appreciate the opportunity to leave with a W, the high ground, and a nice piece of Blue Star bulletin board video if we lack any motivation for week 5, prime time.   I know it's not reflective of anything other than a stupid kid making a really stupid play, but wow, just wow. 

- And yes, you guys are nuts if Rico Gathers doesn't make your roster. Should have made it last year instead of the trip to the Gaylord IR Resort & Roster Stash. Pretty sure Philip Rivers might know how to use him in the post up offense as they have a hall of fame sized hole to fill as well.  Sic Em Bears!

1 hour ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Please congratulate your POS punt returner Lance Lenoir for setting a new low for bush league cheap shot hits.  Second to last play of a 4th preseason game and this fool is out there trying to take out our gunner by launching at his head instead of fielding the punt.   Would have been so satisfying and justified for the Texans to have returned the favor on the final play as the opportunity was there on the sideline, but glad they just let it ride as not worth getting someone hurt or suspended with a melee over this idiot.   No idea if this scrub is making your squad or not, but we appreciate the opportunity to leave with a W, the high ground, and a nice piece of Blue Star bulletin board video if we lack any motivation for week 5, prime time.   I know it's not reflective of anything other than a stupid kid making a really stupid play, but wow, just wow. 

- And yes, you guys are nuts if Rico Gathers doesn't make your roster. Should have made it last year instead of the trip to the Gaylord IR Resort & Roster Stash. Pretty sure Philip Rivers might know how to use him in the post up offense as they have a hall of fame sized hole to fill as well.  Sic Em Bears!

This whole post is cry baby crap just like your stupid announcer. The hit was perfectly legal, he led with his shoulder and the player saw him. 

The literal only part that was wrong is it was unnecessary to lay him out. He should have just hit/blocked him. Even your dumbass announcer admitted it. At the time of the hit "I would be EMBARRASSED if I were a Cowboys fan" - - - 10 seconds later "After seeing the hit again, it wasnt that bad". And your other stupid accouncer "I was waiting for an offensive person to get charged with spearing" 10 seconds later "oh, I guess he didnt spear it was just unnecessary".

Look, I get it. He hit your guy too hard on a block. He was attempting to get a touchback so to obtain better field position. It wasnt that long ago that no one would have batted an eye on a hit like that. The technique was absolutely perfect. It was a good hard hit. But again, in that scenario, you dont need to 'hit to kill', so the penalty was correct. 

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Played well:

Dorance Armstrong

Charles Tapper

Caraun Reid

Lewis Neal

Jordan Chunn

Rico Gathers

Dalton Shultz

Michael Gallup

Mike White 

Lance Lenior

Played like trash:

Cooper Rush

Cameron Flemming

Kadeem Edwards

Darius Jackson

Bo Scarbrough

WR #19

Also played well Jason Johnson

10 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Sure thing. We'll let Jerry know Monday. 

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Sure thing. We'll let Jerry know Monday. 

I apologize sir, but Mr. Jones will be out of the office Monday in observance of Labor Day. Tuesday he has a busy day of comparing Tavon Austin to Michael Irvin and pretending JG is control, but Wednsday I'm sure we can get you in.

Archived