2018/19 Bundesliga Season

roysmyboy31

On 1/27/2018 at 1:51 PM, LeeEvans said:

That's got to be heartbreaking for Hoffenheim to blow a 2 goal lead against Bayern. The fact that Bayern have the ability to come from 2-0 down and win 5-2 shows is just incredible. 

They must have been relieved after they saw Gnabry score that banger to realize they don't even need to buy their rival's best player this time around because they already did. 

3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

They must have been relieved after they saw Gnabry score that banger to realize they don't even need to buy their rival's best player this time around because they already did. 

Yeah that was something else and highlights once again how much of a hold they have on that league. Just need to ****** up Leon Bailey from Leverkusen and they can rule the league for another decade. 

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2018 at 6:54 PM, LeeEvans said:

Yeah that was something else and highlights once again how much of a hold they have on that league. Just need to ****** up Leon Bailey from Leverkusen and they can rule the league for another decade. 

And they try and preach about other European clubs spending... 

There's 20 points between 1st and 2nd in Germany.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Bayern have named their manager for next season and it's a bit from left field. Niko Kovax of Eintracht Frankfurt will be the new Bayern manager. 

Eintracht ar currently 5th and two points behind Leverkusen who are in fourth. 

I could manage Bayern and win the league by 15 points....

16 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Kovac was on my shortlist of candidates along with Nagelsmann, Hasenhuttl, and Tuchel (who we did not get anyway).  Kovac has done well at Frankfurt since taking over and as someone who played at Bayern as a player, he understands what the club is about.

He became the coach of the Croatian national team way too early in his career, which backfired quickly (not entirely his fault, but the players did revolt against him), but he always showed a lot of potential. I wasn't surprised at all to see him do well with Eintracht, as that was a more natural step in his career rather than a national team where he would only get to manage a few games a year.

Bayern is getting a good coach and a lot of people will come to learn that over the course of next season.

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44568627

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but highly rated Hoffenheim coach Nagelsmann will take the RB Leipzig job, but only after this season. Bit of a weird season coming up for Hoffenheim and whoever is the stand-in at Leipzig

Meant to post that when I heard but got caught up in WC stuff and completely forgot about it. This is a huge deal and really surprising. RB is not a terribly huge step up from Hoffenheim and I thought Nagelsmann would be a front runner for some huge jobs. He has done incredible work at Hoffenheim and RB Leipizig did brilliantly to get him 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Meant to post that when I heard but got caught up in WC stuff and completely forgot about it. This is a huge deal and really surprising. RB is not a terribly huge step up from Hoffenheim and I thought Nagelsmann would be a front runner for some huge jobs. He has done incredible work at Hoffenheim and RB Leipizig did brilliantly to get him 

The move makes sense to me, although the 12 month delay is bizarre.

RB Leipzig's motto is to buy you promising players, they don't have to sell to Bayern like most other Bundesliga sides (which must be a big draw) and they have a pretty good side as it is.

• 2 weeks later...