2018/19 Bundesliga Season

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, amac said:

Yarmo looking like a coup. Schedules been fairly easy but Bosz is off to a great start thus far despite all the injuries. Still surprised how competent Zagadou has been at left back, looks like he's gonna be an incredible player

The ability to compete at the level they do with such turnover is extremely impressive. Their ability to convince youth to come to Dortmund is only going to help them going forward. It already paid dividends with Dembele and it looks like it will again. 

Bayern tripped themselves up by letting Wolfsburg come back from 2-0 down to secure a draw.  Terrible result because we were at home and Ulreich absolutely embarrassed himself on their first goal.  Free kick went right at him (though it had a little knuckling action) and decides for whatever reason to flail at it with one hand and he knocks it into the net instead.  Honestly have never seen that kind of goalkeeping at this level before.

Not that it was ever in doubt, but Bayern really misses Neuer.  We will just have to find a way to hold it together until January.  Dortmund have the opportunity to extend their lead in the table this weekend.

This team has so much depth. Gotze and Sahin have been like new signings, all the actual new signings have looked great and Pulisic has elevated his game. A title challenge seems realistic this season with Bayern possibly dropping off a bit

2 hours ago, amac said:

Yeah he'd make a ton of sense as well and maybe they just go w/ a temp until they can get  Nagelsmann

Yeah, I think Nagelsmann wants the Bayern job but I'm not sure he'd leave Hoffenheim in the middle of the season. Especially since they're a game out from the top of the table at the moment and Bayern have shown they're beatable this year. (Hoffenheim have already done it once)

I was listening to the new James Richardson podcast this summer and they said how Bayern was having issues with Carlo. I expected him to be gone at the end of the year so seeing him gone already is quite crazy. I am not sure how great of a fit Tuchel is. I personally think they will stick with a caretaker and wait for Nagelsmann next summer.

You can't make two of the biggest stars to your enemy, especially if the performances are bad too. Still think Ancelotti was a good joice as 'caretaker' until Nagelsmann, but the Italian seems to be finished. Nagelsmann will surely end up at Bayern at some point, doubt it will be now though. Not sure whether they'd really stick with Sagnol for a season though.

Surprised that it happened now, but truthfully, I did not see us ever getting better under his watch.  The team has done nothing but get worse since the 2nd half of last season.  I thought he would be good for us, but I guess the fit wasn't there.  Nagelsmann would be my top target for sure and I am willing to go with a caretaker the rest of the year.