roysmyboy31

2018/19 Bundesliga Season

tbf to Pavard, he is playing out of position for France thanks to Sidibe's injury

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

tbf to Pavard, he is playing out of position for France thanks to Sidibe's injury

Yup. I believe Bayern see him as a replacement for when we sell Boateng

Wouldn’t mind Ante Rebic finding his way to Munich to reunite with Kovac

Bayern in a lot of trouble right now.  Can't even dominate lower level BL teams anymore.  Just dropped points against bottom side Dusseldorf.  Defense is a mess and offense has looked uninspired for much of the year.  Kovac looks like he is in over his head.  Our board deserves this for not investing properly in the squad and continuing to think that older players like Robbery and Boateng/Hummels can continue to carry the team.

On 11/24/2018 at 11:03 AM, roysmyboy31 said:

Bayern in a lot of trouble right now.  Can't even dominate lower level BL teams anymore.  Just dropped points against bottom side Dusseldorf.  Defense is a mess and offense has looked uninspired for much of the year.  Kovac looks like he is in over his head.  Our board deserves this for not investing properly in the squad and continuing to think that older players like Robbery and Boateng/Hummels can continue to carry the team.

kovac definitely seems like he's a tad over his head, but i don't think he should be replaced. you don't wanna just fire him immediately and have to turn to jupp again. worst case you re-evaluate in the offseason unless you completely bottom out.  

like you mentioned in your latter point, you can't dominate in one of the toughest teams in the world with starters like ribery and robben. even muller looks like he doesn't belong at bayern anymore. 

the board needs to wake up and purchase some top flight talent or they're going to remain where they are, fighting as one of the top teams in a very good league. 

ridiculous they didn't invest more after the surplus from costa, vidal, and rudy

Hertha Berlin are coming to Minnesota for a friendly in May. Should be fun!

Well, It was a pretty forgettable year for Bayern (were awful for their standards) and the Bundesliga is down this year, but Bayern does secure their seventh straight title.  Ribery and Robben both signed off with goals in the last game they will play for Bayern in front of the home fans.  Hard to script a better ending for them.  They have been past it for 2 years now, but their legacy they leave at Bayern is incredible and I will really miss them.

Only thing left to do is win the Pokal next week and sack Kovac after.  We need a manager that has an actual plan attack-wise if Bayern want to return to the European elite.  This is a crucial summer for Bayern to overhaul their squad, which is desperately needed.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:35 PM, roysmyboy31 said:

Well, It was a pretty forgettable year for Bayern (were awful for their standards) and the Bundesliga is down this year, but Bayern does secure their seventh straight title.  Ribery and Robben both signed off with goals in the last game they will play for Bayern in front of the home fans.  Hard to script a better ending for them.  They have been past it for 2 years now, but their legacy they leave at Bayern is incredible and I will really miss them.

Only thing left to do is win the Pokal next week and sack Kovac after.  We need a manager that has an actual plan attack-wise if Bayern want to return to the European elite.  This is a crucial summer for Bayern to overhaul their squad, which is desperately needed.

Appreciate the re-cap. I just got back from an awesome trip to Munich and want to become a legit fan of Bayern. I have been a growing soccer fan over the past several years (specifically Germany) but I want to take it to the next level. What advice do you have for following the team and watching games? I obviously follow the team on twitter and just bought Fifa 19 to get even more familiar with the roster lol. I'm guessing it will be much easier to watch Champions League games on FS1 versus Bundesliga. Kind of excited the games will be on early.

Back to the team, are people optimistic/excited about the additions of Hernandez and Pavard?

Thanks for helping a noob out!