DUNLAP EXTENDED TOO

INbengalfan

I saw both of these at the same time, and for some reason it didn't occur to me to start this thread.

Good win for the club yesterday.  Both guys should be productive through the of their deals.  This also puts a lock on the DE depth for a while (Lawson, Willis, Dunlap, Hubbard all signed through at least 2021).

@INbengalfan i'm not sure i saw any details other than the 3/45 that was reported.

I think Johnson is here for the season. Dennard should still be extendable, and I hope they do. I am pretty shocked that both these got done. I assumed we would  lose one of them. I am even more surprised that Columbus sports radio stopped talking about Urban Meyer long enough for me to hear about it there.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m surprised they aren’t releasing MJ as well to help maybe extend Dennard

Here are my thoughts, summarized in bullet points

• Any deal Dennard would get would probably undervalue his true value, since he hasn't played a ton
  • He's been better this year, and is going to have a huge role for the first time
  • Dennard is probably betting on himself at this point, because of the above things
  • MJ would have been released if there was one more DE or DT worth keeping.  He's a depth keep at this point, which is silly considering he'll start, but hey w/e.
  • Dennard will be franchised or extended after this year, depending on how his season goes

59 minutes ago, theJ said:

• Any deal Dennard would get would probably undervalue his true value, since he hasn't played a ton
  • He's been better this year, and is going to have a huge role for the first time
  • Dennard is probably betting on himself at this point, because of the above things
  • MJ would have been released if there was one more DE or DT worth keeping.  He's a depth keep at this point, which is silly considering he'll start, but hey w/e.
  • Dennard will be franchised or extended after this year, depending on how his season goes

Pretty much all of this.  I would think Kroft is next, with Preston Brown done mid season.

Dennard ghets extended before free agency or very early into it (if he thinks he can get more, but can't, a la Andre Smith)

1 hour ago, theJ said:

MJ might start, but Lawson is going to be in on virtually every obvious passing down.

Archived