Packers trade Brett Hudley QB to Seahawks

49erurtaza

So this means the Titans sent a 6th round pick for a guy who'll likely actually play - if not start for them, while the Seahawks sent a 6th round pick for a guy who'll never see a down on their team and who's value is probably already maxed out.

Yikes.

Also, this sucks for Alex McGough. He's been fun to watch this preseason.

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

But really, maybe now that he's with a better coaching staff he can realize his potential.

He won't, but you can hope for it.  The guy just doesn't have it mentally.  He's not Brian Brohm bad, but the guy just isn't a starting-caliber QB.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

He won't, but you can hope for it.  The guy just doesn't have it mentally.  He's not Brian Brohm bad, but the guy just isn't a starting-caliber QB.

Probably. Dude was overrated the second he was drafted by Green Bay. Honestly I'm surprised he's still in the league.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Probably. Dude was overrated the second he was drafted by Green Bay. Honestly I'm surprised he's still in the league.

Let's not get carried away, or let your homer show.  There were significantly worse gamble to be made.  I mean, grabbing a guy that was discussed as a potential #1 overall pick a few months back is tremendous value.  Secondly, look at the backup QBs around the league.  Look at the going rate of those higher tier backup QBs.  Nick Foles is making $5.5M, Chase Daniel is making $5M, Mike Glennon is making $4M, and and Chad Henne is making $3.4M.  Brett Hundley is making less than 800k this year.  If you're a QB and you show any semblance of talent, you're going to be in the league past your rookie contract.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's not get carried away, or let your homer show.  There were significantly worse gamble to be made.  I mean, grabbing a guy that was discussed as a potential #1 overall pick a few months back is tremendous value.  Secondly, look at the backup QBs around the league.  Look at the going rate of those higher tier backup QBs.  Nick Foles is making $5.5M, Chase Daniel is making $5M, Mike Glennon is making $4M, and and Chad Henne is making $3.4M.  Brett Hundley is making less than 800k this year.  If you're a QB and you show any semblance of talent, you're going to be in the league past your rookie contract.

I wasn't a fan of Hundleymania even going back to his days at UCLA.

You mean Kizer? I don't think anyone saw him as the #1 overall pick in his draft. Not even close.

Hundley has the cheap contract going for him, but that hasn't saved other cheap backup QBs who saw meaningful playing time. I don't think Hundley is much different from any other 3rd string QB.

I guess there is no reason to hate on this. The Packers got something for a guy who had no future on their team, and Seattle got a QB who should be marginally better than the guys they we trotting out there.

Archived