Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

Just now, Green19 said:

Figured this would be the case... no 7 WRs or exotic numbers at another position group it would appear.

I wouldn't rule it out.  They've never carried less than 3 RBs on a 53 man roster, but they could run that risk this year.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Was so worth it taking up that roster spot for Callahan, why not do it again?

I do like the kid, more than Callahan, but I'd rather play russian roulette with getting him on the PS first and just carry 2 on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I do like the kid, more than Callahan, but I'd rather play russian roulette with getting him on the PS first and just carry 2 on the roster. 

I think it depends on who they're trying to stash.  If they don't have someone they really like, I'd imagine they'll keep Boyle.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't rule it out.  They've never carried less than 3 RBs on a 53 man roster, but they could run that risk this year.

For the first two weeks they can probably get away with Williams, Montgomery, and Ripkowski.  If someone gets hurt in the meantime, sign a free agent.  There will be RBs available.

4 minutes ago, SplashDive said:

If they cut one of the rookie WRs for Boyle I'll be upset.  

I don’t think it’s Boyle you have to worry about... it’s Trevor Davis. Seems more and more like he is getting traction on making the team as punt returner.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

For the first two weeks they can probably get away with Williams, Montgomery, and Ripkowski.  If someone gets hurt in the meantime, sign a free agent.  There will be RBs available.

IF Montgomery's injury history wasn't so checkered, I'd probably agree.  But he's constantly getting injured, so they go into the first game with Montgomery/Williams as their only backs (I believe they usually only have 2 active), they're down to just Jamaal Williams and Aaron Ripkowski as their only ball carriers.  Not impossible to imagine, but something to consider.

Just now, CWood21 said:

IF Montgomery's injury history wasn't so checkered, I'd probably agree.  But he's constantly getting injured, so they go into the first game with Montgomery/Williams as their only backs (I believe they usually only have 2 active), they're down to just Jamaal Williams and Aaron Ripkowski as their only ball carriers.  Not impossible to imagine, but something to consider.

I fully expect Montgomery not to be available for the Vikings game.  But we don't need to keep 3 RBs on the final cut to bring back one of the guys that we have in camp.  

Archived