Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

Hundley is a better fit for their offense than ours I think. I'm excited to have a player with more upside as the backup QB, but I'm just sad that Hundley didn't work out here when so many of us had high hopes years ago

From the Hundley Thread.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:21 PM, Beast said:

I honestly don't know what the 3rd QB market looks like but Boyle looks like the best 3rd QB I've seen in GB. And I think he's better than Hill who got claimed.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:53 PM, skibrett15 said:

So no team will see Hundley as a future potential starter, which then begs the question,  is there any team willing to blow a 6th rounder or conditional pick on a more secure backup? Maybe a team like Seattle?  Hundley might be a good backup option to WIlson, but I'm pretty sure they addressed the position this offseason.  A team like Oakland is acutely aware of their backup QB deficiencies, but they probably made a few moves on that front also. 

At this point in the preseason, everyone has their "system QBs" in place and would only be looking for high upside projects who could become NFL starters.  Hundley definitively proved that he is not that in his games last season, and therefore he really only has value to GB as their "system QB". 

Kizer is our future groomer QB who can be the system backup for future Rodgers injuries in 2019/2020 if he doesn't fully pan out.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:41 PM, Beast said:

Yes he's the 4th QB (for now)... my point was that we've had a number of 3rd QBs that might of been worse than him. He doesn't put it on the money, but he usually gives the WR a chance (even though it might be a hard or bad chance, but still a chance) to catch most of the balls he thrown.

Guess they didn't address the position.  Guess Boyle is a very good 3rd qb now, eh @Beast

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Hundley is a better fit for their offense than ours I think. I'm excited to have a player with more upside as the backup QB, but I'm just sad that Hundley didn't work out here when so many of us had high hopes years ago

I'd definitely agree with this statement.  They're not nearly as pass-happy as we are, and we pretty much expect our backups to use the entire playbook.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I'm just guessing...?

I'm just talking in general.  This isn't the first time I've heard someone reference Taysom Hill when talking about potentially releasing Tim Boyle.  He was a mediocre QB in college, and he hasn't even been that good.

Archived