Brett Hundley traded to Seattle

WiscFan3

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I had a feeling one of those two (Hundley or Kizer) was getting dealt. 

I actually thought OAK a more likely (or possible) destination - NOT because of any Mack considerations but because Gruden was recently quoted saying his #2 QB isnt currently on the roster.

I'll stop gloating right after I say that I even used Seattle allegedly trying to trade for Brissett before saying we could easily get a 6th round pick for Hundley. 

Now that I'm done gloating, I'm really happy about this trade.  We weren't cutting Hundley because that would have been dumb.  Some fringe player with talent just made the roster with this move, and that's a good thing.  I wish all the best of luck for Hundley.  He took a LOT of REALLY unfair criticism from Packer fans last year and I thought, under the circumstances, he performed about as well as he had any business performing.  Quarterbacks without any actual game experience almost always look like absolute crap in their first season.  Hundley had some really low lows, really high highs and he kept a great attitude through it all.  Never once expressed doubt or bitterness or anything. 

Good luck, Hundley.  I'll be rooting for you. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I'll stop gloating right after I say that I even used Seattle allegedly trying to trade for Brissett before saying we could easily get a 6th round pick for Hundley. 

Now that I'm done gloating, I'm really happy about this trade.  We weren't cutting Hundley because that would have been dumb.  Some fringe player with talent just made the roster with this move, and that's a good thing.  I wish all the best of luck for Hundley.  He took a LOT of REALLY unfair criticism from Packer fans last year and I thought, under the circumstances, he performed about as well as he had any business performing.  Quarterbacks without any actual game experience almost always look like absolute crap in their first season.  Hundley had some really low lows, really high highs and he kept a great attitude through it all.  Never once expressed doubt or bitterness or anything. 

Good luck, Hundley.  I'll be rooting for you. 

Now, what is your prediction for what's going to happen at WR?

20 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

From the Hundley Thread.

Guess they didn't address the position.  Guess Boyle is a very good 3rd qb now, eh @Beast

Yes, (and thank you for pulling those quotes of mine), Boyle is a very good 3rd QB. He's shown that he's willing and able to give WRs a chance at the ball even when his ball isn't on the money which is HUGE and way better than the over rated arm strength, which he just happens to have as well.

And I hate making huge comparisons, but there were too plays in the 1st preseason game where he reminded me of Kurt Warner, because he showed Warner-like trademark toughness, as a in-front blitzer was rushing towards him with no blockers between them and he stood high in the pocket and delivered a darn good strike pass even knowing he was about to get nailed. But Boyle maximum potential might up there like Warner's was... BUT he is not yet even close to maximizing that potential... and a lot of players never live up to their full maximum potential. I don't want this seem like I'm declaring him a the next Warner, just that he has the future potential if things work out just right (small percentage, but like he's passes, there is a chance to catch it and that's the most important part).

56 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm pleased with the return, I don't love it or hate it but it's solid enough.

When we use that 6th to draft a tear *** OLB that will make all forget we didnt trade for Mack - you'll be a happy camper! :)

From August 11th

"Seahawks just brought in old man Josh Johnson, a QB who bounced around the League for 10 years

"He has not played in any game since he was with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2013, and hasn’t thrown an NFL pass since 2011"

The Running Hundley seems like a much better fit in Seattle with their chronic OL problems and an offense designed around a mobile QB, not an old statue

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/8/10/17677282/report-seattle-seahawks-working-out-qb-josh-johnson

"Even a blind man knows when the Sun is shining..."

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Now, what is your prediction for what's going to happen at WR?

I've already stated my opinions on the WR position.  I don't have to worry about that though because I'm lol'ing right now at people who, all year and up to this morning, swore up and down that there was no possible way in hell we could trade Hundley for ANYTHING.  I had people insulting me for suggesting we could get ANYTHING for him.  I can't find the thread, but it got pretty heated because people were offended and got downright weird and insulting about the idea that we could trade Hundley for even a 2021 7th round pick. 

Nobody has gotten that 100% certain on the WR position, so I don't think I'd do any gloating at all if Davis made the team or if whoever did/didn't make the team.  Even I know it's 100% possible that any one of Kumerow, Davis, Moore, EVS, St. Brown or probably even Allison could somehow not make the 53 man roster. 

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Pack spending a 5th rd pick to draft Hundley only to get a 6th rd pick back after years of "development". Woops

5th round pick that helped us to 3 wins (regardless of the eventual outcome) and THEN a 6th round pick ain't that bad at all. 

Archived