Mychal Kendricks Charged with Insider Trading; Released by Browns; Signed by Seahawks

ramssuperbowl99

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/philadelphia/mychal-kendirks-charged-eagles-damilare-sonoiki-insider-trading-20180829.html?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Kendicks' attorney, Michael Schwartz, said the linebacker, who now plays for the Cleveland Browns, is expected to plead guilty in the coming weeks.

Schwartz released a statement from Kendricks accepting responsibility for his crimes:

"I apologize. Four years ago, I participated in insider trading, and I deeply regret it. I invested money with a former friend of mine who I thought I could trust and who I greatly admired. His background as a Harvard graduate and an employee of Goldman Sachs gave me a false sense of confidence. To that point, I had worked my tail off since I was 5 years old to become the football player that I am today. I was drawn in by the allure of being more than just a football player. While I didn't fully understand all of the details of the illegal trades, I knew it was wrong, and I wholeheartedly regret my actions.

Since the beginning of the investigation, I have fully cooperated with all of the authorities and will continue to do so. I accept full responsibility for my actions. Although I did not take any of the profits for myself, I am committed to repaying all of the funds gained illegally and accept the consequences of my actions.

"I sincerely apologize to my coaches, the owners, and my teammates on the Eagles and the Browns, the NFL, and the magnificent fans to whom I owe my career. I also apologize to my family, who I have failed in this. You all deserve better, and I will work my hardest to re-earn your trust and respect, serve as an advocate to educate others, and show you that I will never be involved in anything like this again. Thank you for your time and hopefully your forgiveness."

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Could the Eagles have known this was coming when they released him?

I suppose it's possible and would make more sense as to why they'd be willing to let him go for nothing, but this doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that an organization is likely to pick up on.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

All the insider information in the world and he still chose to sign with the Cleveland Browns. smdh.

He got busted with scheming with a writer a Black-ish, then chose to sign with the Browns. Stay woke on this fellas, Cleveland is definitely involved.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No doubt he cut a deal, but the feds punish this pretty hard. He still will see some time behind bars I think. 

Nah the open contrition means he's got something on the table to avoid jail time.

Probably misses 6 games regardless cause arbitrary nonsense.

Archived