Mychal Kendricks Charged with Insider Trading; Released by Browns; Signed by Seahawks

ramssuperbowl99

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Imo neither should be suspended. If a player has to serve extended jail time, they would miss those games but once they’re good with society and served their time they should be allowed to work for whomever wants to employ them, just like the rest of us. The nfl suspension system is awful, the nflpa screwed the pooch by allowing Goddell and the league office be judge, jury and executioner. If I was a player and they wouldn’t do away with it, I’d strike them over it. A player shouldn’t be suspended over an accusation and when they’ve never even served jail time. It’s fresking ridiculous.

Cant we just go back to the Taglibue and Rozelle days? Heck Ray Lewis covered up a double murder and played the next year.

Lewis was clearly the exception, not the rule.  The NFL PA kind of made this bed for themselves on this one

Believe me dawg, I'm all for anything that doesn't involve Goodell lol, and I completely agree that they're inconsistent in not only the punishments they hand out but also the severity of the punishments.  I'm just saying that people who think Kendricks doesn't deserve to be suspended for illegally making over a million dollars are only fooling themselves.   That's not a lapse in judgement, that's a proven criminal act and normal investors get screwed over for what he did all the time.  He didn't even try to cover his tracks 

36 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Lewis was clearly the exception, not the rule.  The NFL PA kind of made this bed for themselves on this one

Believe me dawg, I'm all for anything that doesn't involve Goodell lol, and I completely agree that they're inconsistent in not only the punishments they hand out but also the severity of the punishments.  I'm just saying that people who think Kendricks doesn't deserve to be suspended for illegally making over a million dollars are only fooling themselves.   That's not a lapse in judgement, that's a proven criminal act and normal investors get screwed over for what he did all the time.  He didn't even try to cover his tracks 

The NFLPA did make their bed in this for the last contract negs but I’m saying for the next CBA negs the NFLPA has to get  those powers taken from him and form some kind of committee with former players and former coaches or executives etc to review the cases.

On 14-9-2018 at 4:38 PM, Uncle Buck said:

That's a good point that another player will make the money.  Where America still loses, though, is with the cost of running the guy through the court system and having to house him in prison.  Obviously, his family are the biggest losers in this situation because they go from having a husband/father who is making a great income to having no one to support them.

Fair point. I can agree with that line up thinking and I agree with the family part.

• 1 month later...

Archived