Seahawks extend WR Tyler Lockett

49erurtaza

19 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Loved Lockett coming out. Price looks a bit steep but he's still on the ascension and hasn't had that breakout season yet. 

If it hasn't happened by year 3, I wouldn't count on it coming.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

If it hasn't happened by year 3, I wouldn't count on it coming.

It depends though. He's pretty much been stuck as wr3 throughout his career. I know that they signed Marshall, but I'm assuming that the basis for this contract would be that Lockett would see more coming his way and would be the de facto #2. Seems like it's a contract based on what he's going to do moving forward rather than what he has done up to this point, because I agree, that this looks steep, even with his special team contributions. 

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tylerlockett/2552430/profile

He's played in all but one game in 3 years.

I meant more lingering issues that has hampered his potential.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll believes Tyler Lockett (leg) is finally all the way back to 100 percent health.
Lockett appeared in all 16 games last season, but Carroll admits he was never quite right. "Last year was a struggle for him," Carroll said. "Throughout the (season) he was not able to do things in the same manner that he had done it in years past. ... So he’s back at it, he’s really playing fast, he has no restrictions of any kind of after effects of the surgery of last year or since he’s been hurt."

1 hour ago, Danger said:

That's a whole hell of a lot of money for someone who's no better than a #3 on most teams.

He's still a #3 on their current roster which features an injured Doug Baldwin and grandpa Brandon Marshall.

32 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't injuries derailed his career thus far?

Yes.

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tylerlockett/2552430/profile

He's played in all but one game in 3 years.

Played, but hasn't started more than 9 games in any season of his career.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's still a #3 on their current roster which features an injured Doug Baldwin and grandpa Brandon Marshall.

Yes.

Played, but hasn't started more than 9 games in any season of his career.

I'm pretty sure Marshall might not make the 53. I think Lockett is locked in as the #2 option after Baldwin. Lock it down.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm pretty sure Marshall might not make the 53. I think Lockett is locked in as the #2 option after Baldwin. Lock it down.

In all reality, with Baldwin's knee injury I think Marshall makes the 53 because they have literally nothing at WR beyond Baldwin/Marshall/Lockett aside from complete unknown preseason stud David Moore.

EDIT: And Jaron Brown...but does that really count?

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm pretty sure Marshall might not make the 53. I think Lockett is locked in as the #2 option after Baldwin. Lockett down.

Fixed

He was performing at a high level before he broke his leg a couple years back. If he gets back to that level, it’s not a bad deal.

Archived