What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Spent the weekend in DC and had a really good time. Missed out on some of the key things there due to short time and being a last minute trip but it was a nice little weekend getaway. I'd love to go back to see the monuments and memorials lit up a night. Loved the metro too, wish we had a nice system like that here in Minneapolis.

Planning our honeymoon and wondering if I can get a consensus.

I think we should spend the money on several holidays ticking items off our bucket list (Skiing in Canada, Road Trip in the US, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, West Coast Ireland road trip, Safari etc.) whereas my future wife wants to blow the lot on 3 weeks at the beach. 

I get the argument for the Maldives but I just think in 10 years it will just end up being another beach holiday, whereas by using that money to do things we have wanted to do forever it will have far more meaning.

Thoughts?

Just now, texans_uk said:

Planning out honeymoon can I get a consensus.

I think we should spend the money on several holidays ticking items off our bucket list (Skiing in Canada, Road Trip in the US, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, West Coast Ireland road trip, Safari etc.) whereas my future wife wants to blow the lot on 3 weeks at the beach. 

I get the argument for the Maldives but I just think in 10 years it will just end up being another beach holiday, whereas by using that money to do things we have wanted to do forever it will have far more meaning.

Thoughts?

Can’t you each do your own thing? :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Real answer: Personal preference for me would be 3 weeks in one location. Both would be great and see arguments for both. 

Is the one location for simplicity and ease? 

My idea isn't to hop around, if take 10 days in North America then a few months later 10 days in Africa for a Safari then a long weekend in Abu Dhabi for GP. Not back to back.

• Like 1

Is the one location for simplicity and ease? 

My idea isn't to hop around, if take 10 days in North America then a few months later 10 days in Africa for a Safari then a long weekend in Abu Dhabi for GP. Not back to back.

Your idea for sure then

That's enough of a consensus for me. I'll tell her this evening.

"Honey, i polled the internet, and the internet says we should do my idea.  Problem solved, kthxbye"

My opinion: 3 weeks is a long time in one place.  Especially a resort.  I imagine i would be pretty bored by day 4.  But i'm different than most.

So i too would opt for the various vacations in different spots.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

"Honey, i polled the internet, and the internet says we should do my idea.  Problem solved, kthxbye"

Technically it’s just a singular guy from the internet 

• Like 1