What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

14 hours ago, Dome said:

6 year anniversary today

apparently a “Happy 50th Anniversary” card with a little note “Because every moment with you is like an eternity” wasn’t as funny as I thought it was 

oh well, I’ll try again next year 

I gave my grandma a sweet 16 card for her 85th birthday and wrote 'to the youngest old person I know'

She found it equally as amusing as your spouse, which is weird bc she usually is a good sport

Transferred my website last month to a new host, was a bit worried about it, but they allegedly have a good team for moving a website over, so that seemed to go fine, things had been moved over, so that seemed to be good, now, a month after, seems like it might not have been, and what I've written for a month might be gone. If it is gone, I'm going to be extremely  mad.

Yup, 200% chance I was just lied to by the hosting company, or more likely, the person who responded to a previous ticket just responded as little as they could to make it easier for themselves, or possibly just didn't know, which is still not useful for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, N4L said:

I gave my grandma a sweet 16 card for her 85th birthday and wrote 'to the youngest old person I know'

She found it equally as amusing as your spouse, which is weird bc she usually is a good sport

I signed my parents up for the AARP mailing list a few years back. They weren't thrilled.

They do love the "world's okayest mom and world's okayest dad" coffee mugs though.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You know people say that baseball hitters don't even have time to react to a pitch, or whatever, then how do the catchers always catch the ball? They even catch a lot of bad misses. 

Cause it takes less time to move your mitt a bit (that’s already open waiting for a pitch) than it does to swing a bat.

would be my guess.

46 minutes ago, Dome said:
2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

You know people say that baseball hitters don't even have time to react to a pitch, or whatever, then how do the catchers always catch the ball? They even catch a lot of bad misses. 

Cause it takes less time to move your mitt a bit (that’s already open waiting for a pitch) than it does to swing a bat.

would be my guess.

also, they know which pitch is coming

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

also, they know which pitch is coming

yeah but they catch a bunch of terrible passes that go way away from where they are supposed to go

this came in my mind about a month ago for this exact reason. a pitcher was throwing wild pitches a lot and the catcher had no problem w/ it

13 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

yeah but they catch a bunch of terrible passes that go way away from where they are supposed to go

this came in my mind about a month ago for this exact reason. a pitcher was throwing wild pitches a lot and the catcher had no problem w/ it

You can be off with your mitt by inches and still catch it.  You can off with your swing by half a inch and totally biff it.  

Swinging from your shoulder takes a lot longer than moving your hand a foot or so, even though swing velocities are pretty high.

Also, you can start to move your mitt as soon as the pitch is released.  The batter has to wait just a tick to discern ball/strike and get the bat moving to intercept.  The catcher isn't intercepting, he's just sliding the mitt with the ball.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Same as hockey goaltenders...where the puck is similarly fast.

Anticipation and a big glove.

You know the ball/puck is coming somewhere in that strike zone or near it...you get your big ol' glove positioned to house it.

A lady I work with had to leave yesterday because her boyfriend died unexpectedly 

she was hospitalized last night with symptoms of a heart attack (likely due to stress of losing her boyfriend)

her son went to the hospital to see her and was run over while trying to cross the street. He survived but broke a few ribs and punctured a lung.

not a good week for that family. Not good at all. Makes me wonder if some sort of black magic is at play.

Edited by Dome

47 minutes ago, Dome said:

A lady I work with had to leave yesterday because her boyfriend died unexpectedly 

she was hospitalized last night with symptoms of a heart attack (likely due to stress of losing her boyfriend)

her son went to the hospital to see her and was run over while trying to cross the street. He survived but broke a few ribs and punctured a lung.

not a good week for that family. Not good at all. Makes me wonder if some sort of black magic is at play.

Tell grandma to give her a Skype call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Makes me wonder if some sort of black magic is at play.

I am always afraid of this.  First because of a girl I met once who was an 11/11 that was a practicing Wiccan who wanted to taste my blood, and second because one time when my cousin was living with me, our neighbor yelled at him over something and it pissed him off so bad he got a whole bunch of books on cursing people.  He actually bought books for it instead of just googling it.  He said he cursed him and I was like, “Okay, Lol.”

The neighbor’s ****ing dog drops dead.

The guy loses his job (2008 recession and everything).

Then his other dog drops dead because it’s depressed about his first dog dying.