What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I've been old at heart for a long time too.  This worries me...what happens when i'm actually old?

Everything hurts. That's what happens. Everything.

49 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Congrats on making it to 40, @ET80  none of us here thought you could do it

Serves you right to doubt me...

58 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

This sounds all too familiar. Am I actually some kind of marine vessel or watercraft? 

Most likely, we're just resigned to floating boats into place.  Only to wake up with our necks all jacked up.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Everything hurts. That's what happens. Everything.

Serves you right to doubt me...

I sprained my ankle in the most moronic way ever...like a month and a half ago.  And it's still not totally recovered.  I hate being old.  It sucks.  Where's the reset button imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I sprained my ankle in the most moronic way ever...like a month and a half ago.  And it's still not totally recovered.  I hate being old.  It sucks.  Where's the reset button imo.

My wrist started hurting a month ago. My left wrist, at that. I have no clue how I hurt it, but it's hurting all the time, and I couldn't tell you why.

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My wrist started hurting a month ago. My left wrist, at that. I have no clue how I hurt it, but it's hurting all the time, and I couldn't tell you why.

I was just painting horse jumps for my sister for awhile, and my foot fell asleep.  I stood up, my foot did a fail, and somehow, here we are...more than a month later.  Ankle still kinda messed up.

• Like 1

Pumped for Zombieland 2 tonight. I love me some good ol' zombie blood-splattering fun, especially with Woody Harrelson. It's about 8 years too late for the sequel, but better late than never.

Even better, I get to spend one of my only Fridays off of work on one of my fave pastimes.

source.gif

• Like 1

I'm still full into the "i should've been a figure skater" thing too btw.

Went to a show a few nights ago nearly rinkside and honestly, it's probably better than hockey.  It's a more pure art.  I just want to know if i can become a bad figure skater this many years after my prime.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I'm still full into the "i should've been a figure skater" thing too btw.

Went to a show a few nights ago nearly rinkside and honestly, it's probably better than hockey.  It's a more pure art.  I just want to know if i can become a bad figure skater this many years after my prime.

I'd usually say "can't hurt to try..."

But it's ice skating... so yeah. It could hurt really bad to try.

Just now, ET80 said:

I mean, i'm real great at ice skating.  I've been doing it all my life.

I've just never in my life worn a pair of figure skates with toe picks.  Seems bad.  Also, weird.  Nobody starts figure skating this late in life, do they? 

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, i'm real great at ice skating.  I've been doing it all my life.

I've just never in my life worn a pair of figure skates with toe picks.  Seems bad.  Also, weird.  Nobody starts figure skating this late in life, do they? 

I wouldn't know, I've been ice skating exactly once in my life. And I have very little incentive to try it again.

Honestly, go for it. Seems like you have enough experience to not break your leg in six places... I'd probably break my leg in six places, so that's why I'm hesitant.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is also definitely my Florida Mother's attitude toward things.  And my goodness, is it hard to teach basic skating to a Gator.  And then she broke her arm because of some random kid.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't know, I've been ice skating exactly once in my life. And I have very little incentive to try it again.

Honestly, go for it. Seems like you have enough experience to not break your leg in six places... I'd probably break my leg in six places, so that's why I'm hesitant.

You should definitely try it again.  It's one of the best things on earth imo.  Like one of the few things that makes life not mostly miserable.  My dream, is to move to a city where i can just skate to work every day.  Walking is for chumps.

I'm hesitant because, though i learned from a figure skating coach, it was always very hockey-centric.  Also figure skaters seem to be "aged out" when they turn like 25 these days, unless they're ice dancers.  Which is what i just watched, after they're "retired" and my goodness i wanna do that too.  Probably win less olympic gold medals though.  Don't think you can be a male ice dancer after 25 years old tho.  Probs not a lot of partners who haven't just ****in' quit at that point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

You should definitely try it again.  It's one of the best things on earth imo.  Like one of the few things that makes life not mostly miserable.  My dream, is to move to a city where i can just skate to work every day.  Walking is for chumps.

Eh... skating never really caught on in Texas, simply because you're not able to skate in a natural place. You gotta go to a rink or something to get the full effect (ice skating that is). Roller skating/blading? Yeah, I didn't do that much, just wasn't my thing growing up.