What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:
On 10/17/2019 at 11:23 AM, RuskieTitan said:

7 minutes before a panel interview over the phone for a position I want. Woke up last night to throw up, and nerves are still there even now. It should be a good chance for me, but I just hope I don't muck this up.

I gots it!

giphy.gif

24 hours later? That was a no brainer for them congrats man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

24 hours later? That was a no brainer for them congrats man.

Formal offer I am still pending. But the hiring manager gave me a call and let me know to expect the offer, along with the start date and pay. Pretty great way to kick off the weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Formal offer I am still pending. But the hiring manager gave me a call and let me know to expect the offer, along with the start date and pay. Pretty great way to kick off the weekend.

You likely have some negotiation power if you want.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

So my kids know the difference between "too" and "to" and are 2nd and 3rd grade. My son's teacher literally crossed the second "o" off because they haven't gone over that yet in class.

If you have to tell someone to do something wrong, then you're an idiot for reinforcing bad habits. I'm now grading her gradings and sending it to her on Class Dojo app I think.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So my kids know the difference between "too" and "to" and are 2nd and 3rd grade. My son's teacher literally crossed the second "o" off because they haven't gone over that yet in class.

If you have to tell someone to do something wrong, then you're an idiot for reinforcing bad habits. I'm now grading her gradings and sending it to her on Class Dojo app I think.

That is absolute insanity.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dome said:

That is absolute insanity.

It really is driving me nuts. We had No Child Left Behind when I was growing up and now they have No Child Will Excel. Earlier in the year they took my daughter's birthday party invitations while handing them out before school in the gym and threw them away, saying they couldn't be handed out on school property because it distracts from important learning points. You know what they do in the gym before school. Sit and talk to each other until the get their 2 minute pep talk, the principal reads off the menu for lunch and if there is any special occasions for that day, and they read two horrible dad-jokes out of a book before sending them to class. But handing out 16 invitations to all the kids in the class sitting in a section is too distracting? When I was in school they made us hand them out to everyone, and it had to be done before class, while others were lining up for lunch, recess, or in the last 10 minutes when we were supposed to make sure we had everything we needed to take home. Adults were able to use rationale thought, what a concept. lol

I called her on that and she said  it is the way things are done there and I just have to accept it. I pointed out that I already have to accept the fact that of the 4 schools in my town that this was the place my kids had to go after redistricting (we only looked at houses that were in the South school's district, then got shafted and the lines moved a few years later), and her students average the lowest ACT scores of any of them by at least 2 points. "But I guess that is just the way things are done here, right?"

She hates me (and vice versa) and I completely am ready to pay the $6500 for the private school in town next year. I wish I could transfer them now but they don't do mid-year transfers. Oh well, I'm done complaining about it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

It really is driving me nuts. We had No Child Left Behind when I was growing up and now they have No Child Will Excel. Earlier in the year they took my daughter's birthday party invitations while handing them out before school in the gym and threw them away, saying they couldn't be handed out on school property because it distracts from important learning points. You know what they do in the gym before school. Sit and talk to each other until the get their 2 minute pep talk, the principal reads off the menu for lunch and if there is any special occasions for that day, and they read two horrible dad-jokes out of a book before sending them to class. But handing out 16 invitations to all the kids in the class sitting in a section is too distracting? When I was in school they made us hand them out to everyone, and it had to be done before class, while others were lining up for lunch, recess, or in the last 10 minutes when we were supposed to make sure we had everything we needed to take home. Adults were able to use rationale thought, what a concept. lol

I called her on that and she said  it is the way things are done there and I just have to accept it. I pointed out that I already have to accept the fact that of the 4 schools in my town that this was the place my kids had to go after redistricting (we only looked at houses that were in the South school's district, then got shafted and the lines moved a few years later), and her students average the lowest ACT scores of any of them by at least 2 points. "But I guess that is just the way things are done here, right?"

She hates me (and vice versa) and I completely am ready to pay the $6500 for the private school in town next year. I wish I could transfer them now but they don't do mid-year transfers. Oh well, I'm done complaining about it.

its a shame that our country is falling so far behind in education. this is a damn travesty. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

thanks bruh had one of my favorite nights of life yesterday, hope you enjoy it dude, im gonna be recovering all day

projectKTA SOON

I wrecked it yesterday - wife and I were going to go watch Joker after dinner, but we got too drunk waiting for the Astros bats to get going, so we went home.

#KTA. They gonna learn, once you climb the mountain, you BECOME the mountain.

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Hahahahaha

That's so sad

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

There was this 30-something girl who used to work at my hotel who was literally the dumbest person I had ever met.  Brain likely fried from 24/7 drugs.  She is now employed by the school district as a paraprofessional.  She will be teaching kids things.  

My sister is home schooling her boyfriend’s kids.  2, 5, 8.  The 8 year old doesn’t know his ABC’s and they do schoolwork for 20 minutes a day before she lets them play video games.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

My sister is home schooling her boyfriend’s kids.  2, 5, 8.  The 8 year old doesn’t know his ABC’s and they do schoolwork for 20 minutes a day before she lets them play video games.

She’s the mother from my wildest fantasies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

This crap makes me apprehensive of buying a house and I don't even have kids.

Good for you for paying for private school. Went to a Jesuit HS and it was a great education in every sense except for making me Catholic.

• Like 2