What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

A 12 ounce ribeye with sauteed mushrooms and bleu cheese crumbles

I thought about a bone in ribeye, but if it's my last go - I'll pass because the brisket my buddy KBJ makes is just unfair.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I thought about a bone in ribeye, but if it's my last go - I'll pass because the brisket my buddy KBJ makes is just unfair.

Why not both? Constipation shouldn’t be a big issue moving forward after your last meal, the least of your concerns really

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Really, there are a handful of meat options that I'd gladly do as ribeye could be interchanged with:

*Bacon wrapped filet

*Stuffed Brisket/flank steak/chorizo pork (If you haven't had stuffed meats, I'd highly recommend)

*Beef wellington

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

Why not both? Constipation shouldn’t be a big issue moving forward after your last meal, the least of your concerns really

Fair. Very fair. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Really, there are a handful of meat options that I'd gladly do as ribeye could be interchanged with:

*Bacon wrapped filet

*Stuffed Brisket/flank steak/chorizo pork (If you haven't had stuffed meats, I'd highly recommend)

*Beef wellington

Beef Wellington and rack of lamb are my next adventures in cooking. 

Just now, ET80 said:

Fair. Very fair. 

Beef Wellington and rack of lamb are my next adventures in cooking. 

Beef Wellington is going to be my EVEREST. I haven't worked up the courage yet.

So, long story short, and @Dome @ramssuperbowl99 and @LETSGOBROWNIES will appreciate this in all likelihood, but every Thanksgiving year that we don't celebrate with family, I cook an entire "reject Thanksgiving" meal, which is essentially a giant smorgasbord of foods that I love to order when I go out.

This year, I'm making a homemade Monte Cristo sandwich.

In years past, I've made things like homemade boneless wings (DELICIOUS), homemade crab rangoon (not worth the effort or even close), homemade guac and bread bowl baked crab dip (DELICIOUS), homemade ribs, etc.

Usually I try to invite another friend/family member and ask them to bring whatever similar thing they had.

Also, do we need to start another "GOAT" dessert/app/side dish thread? 

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

So, long story short, and @Dome @ramssuperbowl99 and @LETSGOBROWNIES will appreciate this in all likelihood, but every Thanksgiving year that we don't celebrate with family, I cook an entire "reject Thanksgiving" meal, which is essentially a giant smorgasbord of foods that I love to order when I go out.

This year, I'm making a homemade Monte Cristo sandwich.

In years past, I've made things like homemade boneless wings (DELICIOUS), homemade crab rangoon (not worth the effort or even close), homemade guac and bread bowl baked crab dip (DELICIOUS), homemade ribs, etc.

Usually I try to invite another friend/family member and ask them to bring whatever similar thing they had.

Also, do we need to start another "GOAT" dessert/app/side dish thread? 

Homemade crab Rangoon... I’ve never made it, but know it’s a ton of work because we make something simila....

we stuff them with sausage, egg, peppers, cream and cheddar cheese instead

All hail the breakfast rangoon!!

very good, but a ton of work for what it is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Similar boat, but I'm also riding a wave of some good on-the-fly stuff in the kitchen lately, so my confidence is pretty high right now. Beef Wellington might be my attempt for Christmas Dinner, we'll have a Christmas Ham on deck along with the rack of lamb (which is basically set it and forget it, if I'm reading these recipes correctly...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Homemade crab Rangoon... I’ve never made it, but know it’s a ton of work because we make something simila....

we stuff them with sausage, egg, peppers, cream and cheddar cheese instead

All hail the breakfast rangoon!!

very good, but a ton of work for what it is

Once I factored in the cost, time, and frustration factor, I realized it's a push/more time efficient to just order my own.

Now, I will say that my homemade jalapeno popper stuffed mushrooms (obviously I add bacon to them) are LEGIT. They've been demanded/asked for by my wife's family the past 4 Christmas meals.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Similar boat, but I'm also riding a wave of some good on-the-fly stuff in the kitchen lately, so my confidence is pretty high right now. Beef Wellington might be my attempt for Christmas Dinner, we'll have a Christmas Ham on deck along with the rack of lamb (which is basically set it and forget it, if I'm reading these recipes correctly...)

I have a 5, almost 3, and 1 year old, so their palate's aren't ready for this yet. This is definitely in the "5 years from now I'm trying this" conversation. Until then, it's stuffed chicken/Monte Cristo conversation.

• Like 1