What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, ET80 said:

Oh lawd, since... forever? 

that $600 registration fee I had to PayPal you when I became a mod.... that was like, legit tho, right?

i remembered you were pretty drunk but didn’t want to hold it against you 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dome said:

that $600 registration fee I had to PayPal you when I became a mod.... that was like, legit tho, right?

i remembered you were pretty drunk but didn’t want to hold it against you 

Definitely take this to the Black Jack tables imo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dome said:

That was supposed to be $6000. I'll need you to send the remaining $16,450 to me via Zelle (some interesting has accrued...)

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That was supposed to be $6000. I'll need you to send the remaining $16,450 to me via Zelle (some interesting has accrued...)

1) If I don’t pay will you break my kneecaps?

2) Is that what happened to you? Did webby hurt you?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Gambling has always been a hard no - we're discussing it with the man, so we'll see what he says.

Wait really?

I've joked about covering spreads, degenerates wanting to lose their minds, "RIP the over" forever on this site. I've never once gotten a warning or a post deleted or anything.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Wait really?

I've joked about covering spreads, degenerates wanting to lose their minds, "RIP the over" forever on this site. I've never once gotten a warning or a post deleted or anything.

Most of us have you on ignore, that's why.

In all honesty, joking like you did is probably OK (we can work on your timing and delivery later). Dedicating a thread to lines, spreads and such was a no-no up until this week, simply because it wasn't clear where it could lead to "legal issues" if handled incorrectly. 

Just now, ET80 said:

Most of us have you on ignore, that's why.

Mods can't have people on ignore. You're stuck with me.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

In all honesty, joking like you did is probably OK (we can work on your timing and delivery later). Dedicating a thread to lines, spreads and such was a no-no up until this week, simply because it wasn't clear where it could lead to "legal issues" if handled incorrectly. 

I've read enough books on joke telling to know my delivery is great, thank you very much.

What legal issues would you run into? You're not promoting gambling or running it on the website, and the content itself isn't explicitly illegal. If someone says "fakebettingsite.com has the Bears +230 against the Rams", it'd still be on the user to leave the site, go to fakebettingsite.com, register/sign in, verify the account, place the bet, etc.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Mods can't have people on ignore. You're stuck with me.

Incorrect - Mods can ignore anyone. We cannot be ignored though. ;)

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I've read enough books on joke telling to know my delivery is great, thank you very much.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, snickerdoodle...

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What legal issues would you run into? You're not promoting gambling or running it on the website, and the content itself isn't explicitly illegal. If someone says "fakebettingsite.com has the Bears +230 against the Rams", it'd still be on the user to leave the site, go to fakebettingsite.com, register/sign in, verify the account, place the bet, etc.

Good point - I never really dove into the legality of it. I guess one could trace it back to us if something went off the rails; If someone posted a gambling link but it was a Phishing attack, I'd surmise there'd be some liability to that.

I'm not an expert, just spitballing.