What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can I drink beer whilst dying from the coronavirus? 

As long as it's not a Corona of course, which isn't beer.

It's not a question of can, but should you drink beer whilst dying from coronoavirus? And the answer is yes. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 2

I’ve spent the last several days doing the whole Marie Kondo cleaning thing in the house; going through every single item in the house, deciding what we actually want to keep and getting rid of everything else, and now organizing everything into places it actually makes sense to be in.

Let me tell you. It makes a really big difference in how the entire space feels. 

^^ I'd love to do that. Sorting through the stuff that and deciding I want to get rid of it would be easy but actually getting rid of it hard. You can't just throw it in the trash or dump it on the curb. You actually have to take stuff to places and sometimes pay them to take it off your hands. I just don't have that kind of effort. 

10 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

^^ I'd love to do that. Sorting through the stuff that and deciding I want to get rid of it would be easy but actually getting rid of it hard. You can't just throw it in the trash or dump it on the curb. You actually have to take stuff to places and sometimes pay them to take it off your hands. I just don't have that kind of effort. 

If you really wanted to be lazy, I bet most stuff you could bag up and post on freecycle in bunches like large bag of men’s clothes and get people to take it pretty quickly.

For us, to everything that was garbage or not salvageable, went in a dumpster. And everything that we’ve gotten rid of dating back to our move in May, except a box spring and mattress could have easily been bagged and put out for roadside pickup. And even the box spring, I just broke it down and tossed it in bags for curbside garbage pickup. The mattress would be harder if you had curbside pickup but even that I bet you could freecycle if you wanted rid of it.

Everything usable got bagged and boxed up and brought to Goodwill. It’s likely just a short drive out of your way to the local thrift store to drop all that off; and you can drop it off *after hours* as well. They’ll sort through what can and can’t sell and properly dispose of the rest. Goodwill also told me they can take mattresses as long as they aren’t stained. 

We still have a small box that’s going to a women’s shelter that’s a couple towns over, but everything else was easy to get rid of.

You can do it!

I have to rant about this, but I'm not sure where to post it so it's going here.

I've started listening to sports radio on the way to/from work because I'm too lazy to change the radio station or plug in my phone and listen to music. Today the guy on CBS was talking about who the most entertaining/best professional athlete is and he concluded that it's Patrick Mahomes and apparently not even close.

Now, the problem I have with this is that not only is this guy OBVIOUSLY suffering from recency bias, where Patrick Mahomes is having a tremendous 2 game stretch in the playoffs and thus we're apparently okay with ignoring the 13+ game stretch of absolutely bonkers play Lamar Jackson just turned in, but NOT A SINGLE TIME during this 30 minute segment did I hear the name "Mike Trout" mentioned. This guy mentioned Kawhi, Lebron, AARON JUDGE, and several other NBA/NFL players as guys who might be near Mahomes, but somehow the guy breaking Babe Ruth's records and shattering basically every MLB record to exist isn't exciting or the best guy out there? Somehow Connor McDavid doesn't exist, either? I've never called into a radio show before to rant but holy **** I was this close to actually doing this because I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Mahomes is great, don't get me wrong, and what he's doing during the playoffs this year deserves respect. But we just witnessed an MVP season from Lamar Jackson where he broke Michael Vick's rushing record, and the Ravens broke several NFL rushing records with an offense we've never seen before. Mahomes wasn't even the most exciting player in the NFL this year, and I would argue he wasn't even #2 - that was Russell Wilson. But even if you expand to the 4 major sports - NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL, how can you ignore guys like Mike Trout, Christian Yelich and Connor McDavid but mention mediocre players like freaking Aaron Judge?!

To me this just goes to show the lack of respect that West Coast sports teams, and the MLB get in the media. Mike Trout isn't regarded as highly as those other guys because he plays on the West Coast and his team isn't stacked with talent around him. Lamar Jackson turns in one of the most exciting seasons we've ever seen from a QB and one of the most dominant team runs ever in the regular season and we forget all about it because the Ravens forgot to show up for their first playoff game after resting for almost a month.

Okay I'm done. Insert your "Sir, this is a Wendy's" jokes here now.

46 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I have to rant about this, but I'm not sure where to post it so it's going here.

I've started listening to sports radio on the way to/from work because I'm too lazy to change the radio station or plug in my phone and listen to music. Today the guy on CBS was talking about who the most entertaining/best professional athlete is and he concluded that it's Patrick Mahomes and apparently not even close.

Now, the problem I have with this is that not only is this guy OBVIOUSLY suffering from recency bias, where Patrick Mahomes is having a tremendous 2 game stretch in the playoffs and thus we're apparently okay with ignoring the 13+ game stretch of absolutely bonkers play Lamar Jackson just turned in, but NOT A SINGLE TIME during this 30 minute segment did I hear the name "Mike Trout" mentioned. This guy mentioned Kawhi, Lebron, AARON JUDGE, and several other NBA/NFL players as guys who might be near Mahomes, but somehow the guy breaking Babe Ruth's records and shattering basically every MLB record to exist isn't exciting or the best guy out there? Somehow Connor McDavid doesn't exist, either? I've never called into a radio show before to rant but holy **** I was this close to actually doing this because I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Mahomes is great, don't get me wrong, and what he's doing during the playoffs this year deserves respect. But we just witnessed an MVP season from Lamar Jackson where he broke Michael Vick's rushing record, and the Ravens broke several NFL rushing records with an offense we've never seen before. Mahomes wasn't even the most exciting player in the NFL this year, and I would argue he wasn't even #2 - that was Russell Wilson. But even if you expand to the 4 major sports - NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL, how can you ignore guys like Mike Trout, Christian Yelich and Connor McDavid but mention mediocre players like freaking Aaron Judge?!

To me this just goes to show the lack of respect that West Coast sports teams, and the MLB get in the media. Mike Trout isn't regarded as highly as those other guys because he plays on the West Coast and his team isn't stacked with talent around him. Lamar Jackson turns in one of the most exciting seasons we've ever seen from a QB and one of the most dominant team runs ever in the regular season and we forget all about it because the Ravens forgot to show up for their first playoff game after resting for almost a month.

Okay I'm done. Insert your "Sir, this is a Wendy's" jokes here now.

Who's Mike Trout? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pwny said:

I’ve spent the last several days doing the whole Marie Kondo cleaning thing in the house; going through every single item in the house, deciding what we actually want to keep and getting rid of everything else, and now organizing everything into places it actually makes sense to be in.

Let me tell you. It makes a really big difference in how the entire space feels. 

My girlfriend pushed me into this recently as well, was 100% worth it. Only took 1 Saturday and it got her to leave me alone on Sunday all day for football lol 

Definitely felt good to clear the clutter 

i was tossing this dude his phone off a roof and tossed it really ****ty and ended up cracking his screen. so we went to a little repair shop in the morning for phones and i dropped 70 dollars to fix this guys phone. now just like an hour ago i was playing 2k with my roommate, hit a shot before half time that shocked the hell out of me so i jumped up and kinda rattled this side table that had my homies phone on it... it fell and and now like half the screen is messed up. so finna drop more cash on people's phones i broke. i broke two phones in a little over 24 hours. 

• Like 1