What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Whenever customers write “taxation is theft” on their receipt I feel like going all Winston Smith against the government 

I don’t believe taxation is theft at all.  Taxation is necessary.  Income tax is unconstitutional and I hate it.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

My sister and her loser boyfriend (who has worked a total of 28 days) are getting 10,000 dollars on their federal tax return and I have to pay 1,341 dollars when all of my income was taxed.  That makes no ****ing sense.  Don’t even at me, Shady.  Don’t you dare.  I’m pissed.  What just because I pay taxes and I worked my way up and became a success you’re gonna **** me out of more money?  This is an outrage.  I’m going to go out and have 10 kids and not work for a year and become an entrepreneur.  

have you considered paying at least the correct amount of taxes during the tax year so that you don't owe during the applicable tax season?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I know what it means butthead.  I misjudged how much I would make this year, but I paid like a billion dollars in taxes already and that moron my sister is with is collecting unemployment because he's lazy and hasn't paid any taxes and has literally purchased cigarettes with food stamps.  I specifically put more than what is recommended I put into taxes each year because this is always a fear of mine and it is now a reality and there was no way I could hide it anymore. 

Lol. Love your rants. 

Anyway, I wouldn't look at it that way. Money is fungible. I'm sure you still came out way ahead of your sister and her boyfriend, even if you misjudged the taxes a bit. 

I've had to pay a few times. It doesn't feel good, but it's the proper way to do things. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

have you considered paying at least the correct amount of taxes during the tax year so that you don't owe during the applicable tax season?

Anyone with a decent amount of investments and who uses the standard deduction won't have a ton of room before they owe because corporate profits were stupid high and there were higher dividends than expected.

Of course, the adult reaction to having to pay taxes on investment income is to say "man I got tons of free money for sitting on my butt all year... good deal" instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anyone with a decent amount of investments and who uses the standard deduction won't have a ton of room before they owe because corporate profits were stupid high and there were higher dividends than expected.

Of course, the adult reaction to having to pay taxes on investment income is to say "man I got tons of free money for sitting on my butt all year... good deal" instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

Why do you have to attack me?  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Why do you have to attack me?  

I am going to be writing a bigger check than you to Uncle Sam dude, and not only do I have my W-4 set up to take 0 allowances, I actually have HR take out more than that in taxes. I don't have the exact value of what I owe because I'm waiting for a 1099 still, but its probably going to be somewhere around $3k.

And so far I've gone the whole time without acting jealous of unemployed people. Being unemployed is miserable, and making more money than you thought in a year is awesome. Be an adult and stop whining. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I am going to be writing a bigger check than you to Uncle Sam dude, and not only do I have my W-4 set up to take 0 allowances, I actually have HR take out more than that in taxes. I don't have the exact value of what I owe because I'm waiting for a 1099 still, but its probably going to be somewhere around $3k.

And so far I've gone the whole time without acting jealous of unemployed people. Being unemployed is miserable, and making more money than you thought in a year is awesome. Be an adult and stop whining. 

The dude has had 6 job offers in the last week.  He’s unemployed because he wants to be unemployed.  Don’t tell me when to stop whining I will whine all day every day.  

Especially about him.  I let the doofus live in my house rent free and paid for his food for two full months before he had to move back to Texas due to probation.  He ate my jerky and watched cartoons all day and pretended to not be getting any job offers when I found out for a fact he had multiple job offers because apparently it’s hard to find exterminators.  

Also, it’s the Internet.  This is the place I whine.  You cannot stop me.

Edited by Outpost31