What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anyone with a decent amount of investments and who uses the standard deduction won't have a ton of room before they owe because corporate profits were stupid high and there were higher dividends than expected.

Of course, the adult reaction to having to pay taxes on investment income is to say "man I got tons of free money for sitting on my butt all year... good deal" instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

Yeah, but considering the tantrum he's throwing, it sounds like he doesn't understand whatever he's doing. If you end up owing that much money, generally speaking, it's because you're either already making a good amount of money during the year (in which case, you're probably not going to throw a tantrum) or it means that you've done something with your investments or withholding that you did not properly account for. I think you and I are basically on the same page about this, but I just wanted to voice my thoughts.

• Like 2

While we’re ranting about our thieving government. I love cops that do actual police stuff. But the ones that hide in the trees and jump out and write speeding tickets, idk how they live with themselves. These speed limits are ridiculously lower than what’s necessary to safely control a vehicle. Most of them drive the same way. But you’re gonna screw someone’s whole month up and F up their insurance rates. 

Edited by DontTazeMeBro
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

While we’re ranting about our thieving government. I love cops that do actual police stuff. But the ones that hide in the trees and jump out and write speeding tickets, idk how they live with themselves. These speed limits are ridiculously lower than what’s necessary to safely control a vehicle. Most of them drive the same way. But you’re gonna screw someone’s whole month up and F up their insurance rates. 

have you considered not breaking the law?

• Like 1

Seriously though. Forget me lightheartedly comparing myself to Thomas Jefferson. $250 even after I agree to take their stupid driving improvement class? Even if you’re pro-speeding ticket, that’s not excessive af? And the greedy clerk of courts charges a $6 fee for using a goddamn debit card? Tf?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Seriously though. Forget me lightheartedly comparing myself to Thomas Jefferson. $250 even after I agree to take their stupid driving improvement class? Even if you’re pro-speeding ticket, that’s not excessive af? And the greedy clerk of courts charges a $6 fee for using a goddamn debit card? Tf?

When you see how expensive it is, kinda makes you wish you had just gone the speed limit, right?

What’s the point in having a fine if it’s so small people don’t care?

$250 falls about in line with what Id expect to pay for a speeding ticket 

I had to pay $800 for someone to walk through my house and tell my mortgage company that it really was worth what I told them it was.... now THAT is a racket 

Edited by Dome

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

When you see how expensive it is, kinda makes you wish you had just gone the speed limit, right?

What’s the point in having a fine if it’s so small people don’t care?

$250 falls about in line with what Id expect to pay for a speeding ticket 

I had to pay $800 for someone to walk through my house and tell my mortgage company that it really was worth what I told them it was.... now THAT is a racket 

My ma's ex said he'd been pulled over for not wearing his seatbelt like a dozen times. I asked him why he didn't just wear it and he didn't know.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

My ma's ex said he'd been pulled over for not wearing his seatbelt like a dozen times. I asked him why he didn't just wear it and he didn't know.

“Too stupid” is the answer he was looking for