What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Daniel, joke’s on you because when I’m drinking I don’t know where my nose is much less my keys.  And you might need some aluminum foil for yourself to make a hat with if you think a cop in Nebraska would arrest me for any of those Alex Jones level things that some idiot in California got arrested by the climate police for.

I didn’t say they would, but a cop’s discretion is the only thing preventing that. Which is my whole point: you, and everyone else in the US, are constantly in a position to be arrested, at any time.

And I can’t speak for Nebraska cops, but I’ve had at least one client arrested for each one of those things in Tennessee.

And that’s not even getting into the dozens of clients I’ve had who were only arrested for the crime of resisting arrest. Or disorderly conduct, loitering, or any of the other statutes specifically designed so that a cop can arrest you whenever they want if they have no other reason.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

I know you’re kidding, but to make good: do you own any of the following?

Paper, of any kind?

Sandwich, snack, or gallon sized ziploc baggies?

Physical currency?

A lighter or matches?

Aluminum foil, not still sealed in the box?

Congrats, any of these things can get you charged with a crime. In the case of the last one, even a felony.

I am so confused. None of these are crimes. 

Together? Sure, money and baggies could get you 'arrested' but that doesn't mean you will be charged with a crime 

53 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ve been unattached to basketball for a very long time, but this is still a kick in the gut.

Same here, I haven't paid attention to basketball in at least a decade, but this is just...I can't even, wow. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Same here, I haven't paid attention to basketball in at least a decade, but this is just...I can't even, wow. 

Straight up a day after lebron passed him on the all time scoring list

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I am so confused. None of these are crimes. 

Together? Sure, money and baggies could get you 'arrested' but that doesn't mean you will be charged with a crime 

Getting arrested always results in being charged with a crime, unless they just hold you for questioning for a limited period. Being charged with a crime doesn’t always result in bring arrested though.

Any of those things, by itself, is enough to allow a cop to arrest you for paraphernalia, which here is an A misdemeanor that carries up to 11 months and 29 days in jail. Literally all that an officer has to say is that he has reason to believe it is used for that purpose, and one of those things is enough. Also they can confiscate your money now and you can’t actually fight it.

The foil thing, if you have any out, or it looked like you did, then you have altered a commercial product in a way that could be used to make meth. This is called Promoting the manufacture of methamphetamine, and is a D felony (2-12 years).

And this is all without cops doing anything they aren’t explicitly allowed to, by law.

• Like 1