What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Been with my in-laws for a week now since leaving Beijing due to school being out indefinitely from the coronavirus. I'm reaching maximum boredom. I'm not from the PNW, so this Seattle drizzle really dampens my mood to want to go hiking. 

Buckle Up Buttercup. The Seattle Sog fortifies character. EMBRACE IT.

You ever get off a phone interview and think "Yeah, I don't want to work for that person..."

I just had that. This could be a really good stepping stone for me, but I can tell I wouldn't last three months with this guy as my boss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can tell I wouldn't last three months with this guy as my boss

Maybe that's why there is an opening ?
For this one job with a cool company, I kept seeing openings over the years and so I finally applied
Then I met the boss and interviewed with him and quickly realized why this job was perpetually open...
Nobody lasted long with Mr. Wonderful

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You ever get off a phone interview and think "Yeah, I don't want to work for that person..."

I just had that. This could be a really good stepping stone for me, but I can tell I wouldn't last three months with this guy as my boss.

It won't say it's never worth it, but very few jobs are worth a horrendous boss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This speaks to me. I had a call with a smaller company for a position I was questionably qualified for and the hiring manager didn't know enough about what he wanted and was unbelievably excited about all the potential for the position. It was immediately obvious that the guy had no reasonable expectations and since it was smaller, there'd be no work life balance. Knew I wasn't going to accept 10 minutes into the call.

Told him I'd think about it, next AM sent an e-mail saying thanks, but no thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Listen to your brain, even if it is yours. I didn't, and I'm really regretting it now.

• Like 4

@ET80

I interviewed in 2010 for a job with an administrator who, I figured out 5 minutes into the interview, was going to fire a guy who had no idea/hadn't found out yet. Mind you this was 2010, and the market was AWFUL, especially in education, and I was straight out of college/substitute teaching. I thanked her for the interview and politely declined the next day. No regrets.

• Like 2