What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I almost had the pleasure of being selected to a jury for a murder trial

I had just graduated high school and thought it was some legacy I had to fulfill from some previous life or something. to sit in judgement and decide if this guy was going to get the death penalty for murdering a cop seemed pretty legit at the time. Was saying stuff with the purpose of being chosen like the naive 18 year old I was.

Then I realized how ****ing stupid it was and how much of a waste of time it was going to be, so I decided it wasnt worth the $15 per day and waking up everyday at 7:30am to drive to the courthouse to eat day old sandwiches. So I told the judge I actually hate cops and that I was going to be super biased. They couldnt get me out of the courthouse fast enough after that.

(the guy ended up beating the charge even though it was pretty obvious he did it. was kinda pissed actually reading that later)

I'm kinda jealous.  I've always wanted to sit in a jury.  Of course, we don't actually sentence people to death here, even in the worst cases.  So...i wouldn't have that on my conscience either way.

It's wild to me, that i've never even been called to jury selection.  I know a white male volatile quasi radical commie sumbitch who thoroughly distrusts the entire process isn't like a primo candidate to sit on a jury...but they don't know that, at least until i get called to a screening or something right?  Weirdos.  What's the point of a trial if you don't bring some spice?

• Like 1

On 04/02/2020 at 6:52 AM, Deadpulse said:

You ever been apart of a caucus? Ish is bananas, makes no sense, and takes forever. They arent actually 'voting' in the traditional sense. 

I mean, i've been part of the federal election in a less convoluted country, and it is indeed a complete gongshow of just like old half senile people, and young student kids who don't know exactly how things work.  Just depends on how well the head honcho of your operation in whatever gymnasium can read instructions...or how willing others are to step in and help them.

Even understanding how the process works though...the Dems have an insanely obtuse process that i don't think many people who haven't actively studied political science at a post-secondary level, truly understand.  That's not great imo.

Speaking as a Canadian...there are at least easier ways to elect a nominee for chief office.

On 04/02/2020 at 8:43 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also I'm assuming at least 3 or 4 of the 11 people in the state of Iowa have a few missing fingers due to tractor accidents or inbreeding, so that probably adds a layer of complexity.

Lucky.  My grandpa lost his ability to flip off the court and government, in a farming accident.

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I almost had the pleasure of being selected to a jury for a murder trial

I had just graduated high school and thought it was some legacy I had to fulfill from some previous life or something. to sit in judgement and decide if this guy was going to get the death penalty for murdering a cop seemed pretty legit at the time. Was saying stuff with the purpose of being chosen like the naive 18 year old I was.

Then I realized how ****ing stupid it was and how much of a waste of time it was going to be, so I decided it wasnt worth the $15 per day and waking up everyday at 7:30am to drive to the courthouse to eat day old sandwiches. So I told the judge I actually hate cops and that I was going to be super biased. They couldnt get me out of the courthouse fast enough after that.

(the guy ended up beating the charge even though it was pretty obvious he did it. was kinda pissed actually reading that later)

See this is precisely the trial I wouldn't want to be apart of because of the stakes. I also don't want to be on some trial where it's just some sad abuse or domestic thing.

But a financial crime or something where some rich guy robbed another rich guy? Sign me up for that all day long.

47 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

See this is precisely the trial I wouldn't want to be apart of because of the stakes. I also don't want to be on some trial where it's just some sad abuse or domestic thing.

But a financial crime or something where some rich guy robbed another rich guy? Sign me up for that all day long.

Sub me in coach.  I'll do it.

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

My brain doesn’t understand how people are hungry enough in the morning for an entire steak and eggs. In the morning I want nothing to do with food

Your body isn't conditioned to eat in the morning.  If you force yourself to for a few weeks, you'll get hungry in the morning.

I've always been a breakfast guy.  But during college for a few months i stopped eating it (can't remember why), and i stopped getting hungry in the morning.  As soon as i started forcing myself to eat breakfast, i started getting hungry in the morning again.

That being said - it'd have to be a small steak haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Your body isn't conditioned to eat in the morning.  If you force yourself to for a few weeks, you'll get hungry in the morning.

I've always been a breakfast guy.  But during college for a few months i stopped eating it (can't remember why), and i stopped getting hungry in the morning.  As soon as i started forcing myself to eat breakfast, i started getting hungry in the morning again.

That being said - it'd have to be a small steak haha.

I can't do anything more than a piece of fruit in the morning, unless it's the weekend or I'm on vacation - then I could go for a full porterhouse and three egg omelette for breakfast.