What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

22 hours ago, Dome said:

Not a fat people story. These were some regular sized morons....

On Tuesday I was waking down an aisle at the grocery store and was approaching a woman who had her cart to the right while she took up the left side of the aisle looking at labels. So she had the entire aisle blocked.

her husband/boyfriend saw me coming and did nothing to let her know anyone was coming, he just nodded to me then went back to reading something on his phone... then she looked over and saw me approaching (about 15 feet away at this point) and she also did nothing, just went back to reading labels. So they’ve both seen me walking down the aisle towards them, and m no more than 2 seconds away from them at this point 

2 seconds later ive i made it all the way up to her cart, and stopped about a foot away because she was blocking the entire aisle.

She kept reading labels, her husband kept staring at his phone. I waited about 4 seconds and when she made no effort to move  I used my cart to push hers out of the way. Rammed it pretty good and sent it rolling down the aisle, then I kept walking with a big grin on my face 

when I got to the end of the aisle and turned the corner I looked back at them and they were both looking at me like I’d just threatened their child with physical violence

could I have used my words and asked her to move? Sure... but much like it was easier for her to ignore my presence, it was easier for me to just ram her **** out of my way.

I have a similar story. This guy goes to look at whatever he's buying and just lets his cart drift in the middle of the aisle, it turns sideways so that its blocking the entire way through, and he doesn't notice because he's looking at cereal or whatever. It reminded me of an old family friend, who had a kid that was blind and autistic. When he was younger and was done playing with a toy, he'd just throw it across the room because he was blind. In his own way, it was genius. Like "who cares, it's no longer my problem".

So I was reminded of that and started laughing, not super loud, just a chuckle to myself. Which is not a socially acceptable substitute for "will you please move your cart so I can get through?" And he looks right over and says "what's so funny?" Again, this puts me in a bad situation, because the truthful answers I can give are "I'm envious of someone who can just let their shopping cart go and not watch over it, so I was laughing out of sheer surprise" or "you remind of me of this blind autistic kid I knew growing up".

The story doesn't get exciting, I just said "nothing can I get through" and he just stared at me, so then I had to move his cart. Apparently his ego was fragile enough he could only handle one of being laughed at or having to move his stuff.

But damn do I wish I had that psycopath gene that just lets me selectively not care about screwing up other people's days.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Dome @ramssuperbowl99 I'm tempted to start a "Biggest pet peeves/worst traits in humanity" bracket style tournament...thoughts?

@ET80 would this be acceptable?

I look forward to repeating the same exchange like 200 times:

Poster A: "I think [very specific beef with Poster B] is the worst trait you can have."
Poster B (quoting Poster A): "That's bad, but nowhere near as bad as being passive-aggressive."

...yeah let's do it.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Hospitality is the last industry I would have guessed @Outpost31 works in. 

At the same time, cleaning up schit would have been an early guess. 

I did not clean up the ****.  And people would not believe the charm and professionalism I am capable of in real life.  Everybody loves me in real life.  

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I look forward to repeating the same exchange like 200 times:

Poster A: "I think [very specific beef with Poster B] is the worst trait you can have."
Poster B (quoting Poster A): "That's bad, but nowhere near as bad as being passive-aggressive."

...yeah let's do it.

I'll start:

Grocery themed:

*Shopping carts left in parking lots

*People blocking aisles

*Not enough check-out lanes open

*Strangers that think it's acceptable to approach my child(ren) and offer them money so that they can buy "candy" (happened last week) .

*People that walk in the exit/out the entrance

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Oh that's me at Menards every time.  

I'm always there for hardware or lumber or something, on the right hand side of the store.  The entrance at mine is on the left.  So i go through the exit (and leave through the exit).

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Oh that's me at Menards every time.  

I'm always there for hardware or lumber or something, on the right hand side of the store.  The entrance at mine is on the left.  So i go through the exit (and leave through the exit).

Menards/Lowes are acceptable, as I also do this all the time, and I am the sole authority on acceptability.

(Also, notice, this is merely GROCERY themed)

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Grocery themed:

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll start:

Grocery themed:

*People blocking aisles

*Strangers that think it's acceptable to approach my child(ren) and offer them money so that they can buy "candy" (happened last week) .

+people walking on the left side of a hallway/aisle(in America we drive or walk on the right!)

+groups walking in greater than 2 wide(space dependent) in a hall or on a sidewalk and not moving over/consilidating your ranks for others passing by

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll start:

Grocery themed:

*People blocking aisles

Similar to "Not enough check-out lanes open" but this definitely needs to be on the list:

*People ignoring the 20-item max sign on self-checkout during peak hours

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll start:

Grocery themed:

*People blocking aisles

The ultimate proof that you're a father is that you named every sort of grocery store debauchery except for the ones involving kids.

• Letting a small child run around the cart like a maniac
    • Subset: having a kid next to the cart who is too young/dumb to realize that you have to get out of the way and they just stare at you with this deer in headlights look as you have to wait for the parent to realize their kid almost got run over
  • Having a child who is throwing a tantrum and not immediately walking them the eff out the door
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, winitall said:

Similar to "Not enough check-out lanes open" but this definitely needs to be on the list:

*People ignoring the 20-item max sign on self-checkout during peak hours

+people that don't know how to scan things at the self-checkout counter

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The ultimate proof that you're a father is that you named every sort of grocery store debauchery except for the ones involving kids.

• Letting a small child run around the cart like a maniac
    • Subset: having a kid next to the cart who is too young/dumb to realize that you have to get out of the way and they just stare at you with this deer in headlights look as you have to wait for the parent to realize their kid almost got run over
  • Having a child who is throwing a tantrum and not immediately walking them the eff out the door

Oh absolutely spot on here. I guess I didn't list those two because there's a ZERO percent chance I let my kids do this. They are far from perfect, but they know that they can't do things like this in the store. Our last trip to Lowes we had a very serious conversation...it was embarrassing. To be fair though, me running after them and talking with them with my serious voice and index finger in their face and clenched jaw gave me the benefit of the doubt.