What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

18 hours ago, MWil23 said:

As a parent, I make sure to smirk at those parents...unfortunately they usually can't see me with their eyes glued onto their phone screens.

Sidenote: 

You want to see quality parents, go to the park with your kids and watch parents that sit on their bench with their phones and pay no attention to their 3 year olds who contemplate jumping off of 10+ foot structures. It's the WILD WEST out there. I legit helped another 3-4 year old climb up/go down a slide safely while their parents sat and did nothing, but that poor kid was begging me to help since I was playing with my kids. What an indictment of our society.

I envy those parents tbh. That disconnect probably protects their sanity. I on the other hand have a stroke every time my kids do anything dumb 

• Like 1

Valentine's day is a scam and a sham and I am so proud of myself 6 years ago for insisting to my girlfriend of 2 weeks that I am morally opposed to celebrating such a bull**** holiday. She wasn't stoked (still isn't) but she understood and was ok with it. The next two years she tried to convince me to celebrate but I maintained that position and since then she basically doesn't bring it up.

My single coworker today tried to shame me by mentioning vday. Jokes on you guy.

Edited by N4L

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Valentine's day is a scam and a sham and I am so proud of myself 6 years ago for insisting to my girlfriend of 2 weeks that I am morally opposed to celebrating such a bull**** holiday. She wasn't stoked (still isn't) but she understood and was ok with it. The next two years she tried to convince me to celebrate but I maintained that position and since then she basically doesn't bring it up.

My single coworker today tried to shame me by mentioning vday. Jokes on you guy.

You still spend the day with her?

26 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You still spend the day with her?

Usually yes, but that's not saying much considering I spend most days with her lol I don't remember what we have done on these days in the past, it's literally just another normal day 

I think the key to a good relationship (besides communication) is actually liking the other person. When you actually get along with someone I don't think you actually need to "celebrate" this fake holiday that forces you to make some grand gesture.

Probably doesn't hurt that our anniversary just happened so it's like, do we really need to run it back so quickly? Even those we don't really do much other than some really simple stuff. No gift exchange or anything. Usually it's just some activity and dinner 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Valentine's day is a scam and a sham and I am so proud of myself 6 years ago for insisting to my girlfriend of 2 weeks that I am morally opposed to celebrating such a bull**** holiday.

Brave man !
But I did the same thing with my charming bride a long time ago. And Its worked out quite well. Zero expectations

I asked her:
"Why do you want to go out on the absolute worst night of the year ? Worst parking, worst seating, worst food, worst service.
Pick any other day of any other week and we'll have a proper good time instead of elbow-to-elbow with a bunch of amateur lemmings ?
( that means YOU people) 

When it comes to Valentines Day I'm an atheist and so is my wife.   :)

• Like 1