What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

So I need some PChem help.

2. For each of the following molecules/ions: a. Determine the atomic orbitals which must mix to form molecular orbitals. b. Write a labeled energy level diagram depicting each molecular orbital. c. Write an electron configuration in terms of molecular orbitals. d. Determine the bond order.

(i) H2– (ii) Be2 (iii) C2 (iv) C22– (carbide ion) (v) N2+  (vi) O22– (peroxide ion) (vii) CN– (cyanide ion) (viii) Ne2+

I'm confident I can do B,C,and D. A has me frustrated.

I think it has to do with the linear combinations of the psi function, but I'm unsure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to the library to work on a paper for a lab experiment.

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

2. For each of the following molecules/ions: a. Determine the atomic orbitals which must mix to form molecular orbitals. b. Write a labeled energy level diagram depicting each molecular orbital. c. Write an electron configuration in terms of molecular orbitals. d. Determine the bond order.

(i) H2– (ii) Be2 (iii) C2 (iv) C22– (carbide ion) (v) N2+  (vi) O22– (peroxide ion) (vii) CN– (cyanide ion) (viii) Ne2+

I think it has to do with the linear combinations of the psi function, but I'm unsure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to the library to work on a paper for a lab experiment.

wtf

4 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Footballs future

• Like 2

5 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

What'd you call me?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I really wish there was like a layman’s chemistry and biology book I could read.  Stuff has always been interesting to me, but I just don’t really have the patience to learn about it enough to know WTF I’m talking about.

These are great. They've really helped me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0cd_-e49hZpWLH3UIwoWRA

1 minute ago, TLO said:

But the true CS take it black tbh

It's still black with dash of cinny 

Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory that helps the fuse on the caffeine be more even. Less jitters, more sustained energy and no/less crash 

I add it to my espressos