What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

42 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

It's a pain in the balls trying to get water right now 

A pain in the balls to get water? I can almost guarantee you've never experience true thirst in your life. I would also bet you have 1) a tub and 2) access to ice and 3) multiple empty containers in your house right now. Pro tip: you can re-hydrate by drinking your own urine for about 3-4 cycles of osmoregulation before you can't re-hydrate with it anymore, once it turns a brown/black color. 

59 minutes ago, cddolphin said:
1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

It's a pain in the balls trying to get water right now 

A pain in the balls to get water? I can almost guarantee you've never experience true thirst in your life. I would also bet you have 1) a tub and 2) access to ice and 3) multiple empty containers in your house right now. Pro tip: you can re-hydrate by drinking your own urine for about 3-4 cycles of osmoregulation before you can't re-hydrate with it anymore, once it turns a brown/black color. 

beargrylls.jpg

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

There's a cinnamon roll on the counter, I know I'll want it tonight. I can't decide if having a bit of frosting off the top now is worth the shame that will follow.

Save it for the glorious moment when you finally have it. Be so worth it when you have that extra frosting. 

SAVE IT! 

Edited by Bednarik60

5 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Lost control for a bit, but didn't spin or anything. Immediately went 10-2 to gain control of the car and get to the shoulder.

The annoyance was that the blowout was on the driver front side tire - given that I pulled over to the right hand shoulder, it would have been suicide to try to change the tire while traffic was wizzing by me. Had to call into roadside assistance...

That sucks. I was fortunate the one time I blew a tire. It was actually leaving my drive way and I drove over a pipe that sticks up for our septic tank. It had been chipped so had a sharp edge. But obviously because of that I was neither on a road with cars nor going very fast.

Actually the worst blown tire incident I've ever had was when a truck maybe 3 or 4 cars in front of me in the right lane of a 3 lane highway while I was in the left lane completely shredded one of his so that part of the tire flew off. It ended up just grazing the back passenger side. No damage and because it was only a graze didn't really effect my driving buy a little further up with a good hit could have been a problem at the 75mph I was going. That scared the hell out of me. I actually had to pull over to the right lane and go about 60mph for a good 3 miles I was shaking so much.

CASCADE LOCKS, Ore. — The Eagle Creek fire in the Columbia River Gorge has grown to 10,000 acres as of Tuesday morning, according to an update by the US Forest Service and other responding agencies. It is still 0 percent contained.

http://katu.com/news/local/eagle-creek-fire-grows-to-10000-acres

I'm seething. I think twice in the last 10 days I've posted about how much I love my commute because of how beautiful it is. Some dumb kid playing with fireworks ruined it. I have no idea what the proper punishment is for a 15 year old, but I hope it's big.

It's crossed to our side of the river and people I know and care about are being evacuated or told to start packing.

22faab99-a4da-4d6b-a1d1-a81caf7658bd-larThis is Bonneville dam that supplies power to much of northern Cali. And this region as well. Almost a million homes.b48b02df-43d9-4164-9aab-36b8f08b1e28-MtH

This is Cascade Locks. A community built on the Dam locks, port and Bridge of the Gods (you can see Bridge of the Gods in the background) tourism that are all closed due to the fire. It's also one of dozens of cities/towns that have been forced to evacuate. Hundreds of people without homes as of right now. The city has been protected thus far.

9 hours ago, mse326 said:

That sucks. I was fortunate the one time I blew a tire. It was actually leaving my drive way and I drove over a pipe that sticks up for our septic tank. It had been chipped so had a sharp edge. But obviously because of that I was neither on a road with cars nor going very fast.

Actually the worst blown tire incident I've ever had was when a truck maybe 3 or 4 cars in front of me in the right lane of a 3 lane highway while I was in the left lane completely shredded one of his so that part of the tire flew off. It ended up just grazing the back passenger side. No damage and because it was only a graze didn't really effect my driving buy a little further up with a good hit could have been a problem at the 75mph I was going. That scared the hell out of me. I actually had to pull over to the right lane and go about 60mph for a good 3 miles I was shaking so much.

I once had a rear tyre blow out on me whilst I was doing around 90mph in the outside lane. 

I can remember it vividly to this day, probably about 15 seconds before it went I could smell burning rubber, then my car juddered a little and I saw a little smoke from my rear view, then a loud sharp pop and suddenly I was almost drifting. Miraculously I wrestled it onto the hard shoulder without causing an enormous accident. Also fortunate my parents and sister were both tailing me home after a day out so I had company.

I only had a space saver as a replacement which mean 50mph in the inside lane for the next 40 miles lol. 

Things to do before I start a contract position on October:

- Trim up trees so they aren't over the alley

- Get dehumidifier set so it drains automatically

- Clean basement

- Get wall over put in on access point for shower handle

But right now what I'm more curious about, does anyone remember watching Rose Red on ABC as a mini series?

So apparently Bank of America will allow a check to process which hasn't been signed. I had a $500 check go through without my signature on the check. I called them and they just said "uh huh yeah that happens. As long as the written amount matches the numerical value it will likely process". So I asked her how they could possibly verify that it's a legitimate check. Any schmuck could then grab a blank check out of my checkbook and write a check to himself, leaving the signature field blank and it would clear. All she could say was "Yeah that's what happened here. It happens sometimes."

On hold for a manager now.

#eattherich
#hangthebankers

Just kidding guys. But kind of not really.

26 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

So apparently Bank of America will allow a check to process which hasn't been signed. I had a $500 check go through without my signature on the check. I called them and they just said "uh huh yeah that happens. As long as the written amount matches the numerical value it will likely process". So I asked her how they could possibly verify that it's a legitimate check. Any schmuck could then grab a blank check out of my checkbook and write a check to himself, leaving the signature field blank and it would clear. All she could say was "Yeah that's what happened here. It happens sometimes."

On hold for a manager now.

#eattherich
#hangthebankers

Just kidding guys. But kind of not really.

You have a fairly straightforward dispute on your hands. It happens, but the recourse for the consumer is pretty easy.

#GoodLuckTryingToHangMe

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

So my high school apparently scored zero points in football last season lmao. And apparently the head coach was heard saying "we'll take that every time" after a two yard carry lol

My high school has produced a hall of famer and a dozen NFL players, but also pumps out a few hundred 80 IQ boneheads into the world yearly, so I'd say that's a net loss.

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

but the recourse for the consumer is pretty easy.

Yeah I mean getting the money back wasn't the concern. The fact that it was taken out of my account was eye-opening. And the managers explanation of "whoopsies it happens" shouldn't fly.

BoA posted about $20 billion in revenue last year. You're telling me they can't implement a safeguard which scans checks as they're deposited to compare the signature to the one they have on file, and flag inconsistencies for manual review?