What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

15 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

BoA posted about $20 billion in revenue last year. You're telling me they can't implement a safeguard which scans checks as they're deposited to compare the signature to the one they have on file, and flag inconsistencies for manual review?

Way too many variables to account for. There are safeguards such as this already in place (Risk Deposit Operations - actually started my career in this) but I'd need to know who you were paying and where/how they deposited it in their bank. Does their bank engage in Check 22? Do they deposit in a branch, lockbox, ATM, digital/photo deposit?

15 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Also, you very likely wouldn't fall into my category of 'banker', and if you do, why are you posting on FF, you should be on a yacht somewhere surrounding by IG 'models'.

Who says I'm not? Yacht has WiFi.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Literally too many? Somehow I doubt it.

Sorry - probably phrased it wrong. In specific to your situation, there are too many variables to determine where the breakdown occurred. 

As stated earlier, there are safeguards that are both automated and manual that banks have to prevent these things. Conversely, there are deposit methods that bypass some of these safeguards (albeit a very small percentage). 

31 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

My high school has produced a hall of famer and a dozen NFL players, but also pumps out a few hundred 80 IQ boneheads into the world yearly, so I'd say that's a net loss.

Lol sounds like we went to completely different schools then. Before my senior year the school went like 12 years without winning a game. Zero NFL players. Zero D1 college players even. Pretty much all my school has to boast about is having a playboy bunny of the month and an oft injured pitcher in the MLB a few years ago

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Lol sounds like we went to completely different schools then. Before my senior year the school went like 12 years without winning a game. Zero NFL players. Zero D1 college players even. Pretty much all my school has to boast about is having a playboy bunny of the month and an oft injured pitcher in the MLB a few years ago

Hahaa you and i went to the same school xD  Like the most successful people from my HS were a few chicks who either got into adult movies or playboy lol. We had a punter and a pitcher bummed out the pros back in the day(but they probably still pull out the old projector and white screen to show some "highlights" lol)

Edited by Bednarik60
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

So apparently Bank of America will allow a check to process which hasn't been signed. I had a $500 check go through without my signature on the check. I called them and they just said "uh huh yeah that happens. As long as the written amount matches the numerical value it will likely process". So I asked her how they could possibly verify that it's a legitimate check. Any schmuck could then grab a blank check out of my checkbook and write a check to himself, leaving the signature field blank and it would clear. All she could say was "Yeah that's what happened here. It happens sometimes."

On hold for a manager now.

#eattherich
#hangthebankers

Just kidding guys. But kind of not really.

Just pull your money out ASAP and go to a local credit union bro. So much better. Those big banks are the worst. You will be so happy you did.