What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'll hold off on going THAT far. It's going to come down to the 2nd iteration of merchant terminals being more device savvy. Near Field Communication (NFC) is growing, but you'd have to wait for it to be saturated in the marketplace to see the FI community start their efforts. 

There's also the need to make these devices QR Code capable to accommodate the international markets.

Good point. They might be ready to steer us that direction by 2020 but the devices that make it all work might not be up for the task yet.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Good point. They might be ready to steer us that direction by 2020 but the devices that make it all work might not be up for the task yet.

That was the big hubabaloo over Apple Pay - it was a swanky product, really mitigated against potential breaches - but it anticipated merchants being in the rank and file for terminal adoption, which was/is slow going. Samsung was savvy in their purchase of Loop Pay, which allowed them to tout more acceptance.

It's going to ultimately balance out as terminals get more advanced.

11 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I love Texas. Been here for 30+ years, will end up dying here. 

This being said - put some miles on your soul. Go somewhere else, just to say you did. That's the one thing I didn't do (I mean, outside of a few months). It's not like Texas is going anywhere. If the grass isn't greener elsewhere, you've always got home...

I appreciate the advice man.  You've always been a voice of reason on these boards and I def respect your opinion.  If we're being real, I really can't hate on Texas completely because the Dallas area has been my home for my entire life and I do have a ton of memories here, I just haven't been able to create many memories lately and ive been through a lot of rough patches in the last few years, most notably after graduating high school.  Also, I haven't been outside of Texas aside from a few vacations that lasted a week or 2

And yup, I could always come back to Texas if things don't work out there

34 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I appreciate the advice man.  You've always been a voice of reason on these boards and I def respect your opinion.

Best part is? I'm making this all up! Mwa hahaha haha!

Thanks, does mean a lot.

34 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

If we're being real, I really can't hate on Texas completely because the Dallas area has been my home for my entire life and I do have a ton of memories here, I just haven't been able to create many memories lately and ive been through a lot of rough patches in the last few years, most notably after graduating high school.  Also, I haven't been outside of Texas aside from a few vacations that lasted a week or 2

When we all talk football, we talk about a player sometimes needing a fresh start. People are no different. It's possible that Dallas has gotten stale for you. Sometimes, you need a fresh start. I know there are a few people on this board who made the same sort of fresh start elsewhere, and are better for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I've got 6 days left at my current job and I'm supposed to be documenting literally everything I do there and I have absolutely zero motivation to do so.  

9:00am - watched YouTube whilst drinking my coffee
11:30am - farted
1:00pm to 2:35pm - lunch
2:45pm - took some office supplies from supply room to vehicle
3:35pm - checked emails for the day
3:37pm - went home

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

9:00am - watched YouTube whilst drinking my coffee
11:30am - farted
1:00pm to 2:35pm - lunch
2:45pm - took some office supplies from supply room to vehicle
3:35pm - checked emails for the day
3:37pm - went home

That looks oddly familiar to my daily schedule since I took another job.  Working from home definitely hasn't helped either.  

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

Say what you will about cost of living, but am I wrong for thinking it's actually worth it given everything the state has to offer?

I'm one of those people @EliteTexan80 was talking about picking up and moving. It definitely helped my wife and I out a lot. Having done it, the one piece of advice I can give you is to research where you want to go, and make sue it's for you. I moved without ever having been there, but I talked to people, and did a lot of reading. I would definitely recommend doing the same.

As far as CA goes, there is a lot of cool stuff, but it's a hard place to live. The cost of living isn't the only issue. Where there's a lot of stuff, it's super crowded, and has terrible traffic. Where it's really nice, but not crowded, it outrageously expensive, and there's not a lot to do. Places that fall in between are still expensive, but not where anybody really wants to live. It's not really what TV makes it out to be, but there really is a lot there. I've lived in a lot of different areas of the state, I have family that I visit all over, and I'm there 2-3 times a year to see family and friends. If you want the perspective from somebody that's been on the inside, and now on the outside looking in, feel free to hit me up. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

That looks oddly familiar to my daily schedule since I took another job.  Working from home definitely hasn't helped either.  

That's exactly why I limit myself to one work from home day per week. I like doing it but I'd also like to keep my job. 

On 8/31/2017 at 3:36 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

I always wondered why Lena Dunham was famous because I've never met anyone who watches her show. Then I found out she's in the "Girl Squad." I'm like "oooooooh. There it is."

TzcxTyR.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I've got 6 days left at my current job and I'm supposed to be documenting literally everything I do there and I have absolutely zero motivation to do so.  

My last job? I didn't do a damn thing the final week. Took 30 minute smoke breaks, two hours lunches, left early every day...

Glorious.

• Like 1