What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Why do you ask?

He just seems extra involved and wanting to create as many topics as possible to increase activity.

I feel like old Webby wanted it more bunched up to not bog things down. Plus its a whole new format. Why not a whole new Webby?

40 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

He just seems extra involved and wanting to create as many topics as possible to increase activity.

I feel like old Webby wanted it more bunched up to not bog things down. Plus its a whole new format. Why not a whole new Webby?

I can't say either way, but I know the new format does represent a pretty big change. Pretty sure it wasn't easy, or cheap. 

Figure there's gotta be some return on investment.

2 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Nothing has really changed in regards to what he wanted, he might be a bit more vocal about it.  Look at it from this perspective, look at the Eagles forum as an example.  They've already got four pages of discussion.  If they made a new thread for every single thing that came up, they'd probably be pushing 10+ pages.  Compare that to say the Lions forum which has 2 pages, and if you spread out the threads you're probably getting 2.5 pages out of what they currently have.  Right now, the slower forums need that increased activity.

3 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

I feel like old Webby wanted it more bunched up to not bog things down.

Nope.  I never wanted this.   Some vet members and mods got in the bad habit of only posting in a few big general topics in the team forums.   Over time this kind of became the norm.  These big general topics are terrible for team forum activity.   To a new visitor the forum looks dead with just a couple active topics and for any members coming back after being away for a few days/weeks they are impossible to follow. 

With this new forum I'm trying to get members out of this bad habit.  The whole purpose of a forum is to have many topics with descriptive titles.  Then members can look through the forum and pick out the topics that look interesting to them and get involved in the discussion.  Interesting topics will rise to the top and slowly fall away as the discussion has run it's course.   Members should be encouraged to create new descriptive topics in all the team forums.  Some team forums are embracing the change and thriving.  

• Like 2

I burned the palm of my hand at my new job as a cook, thought a cast iron skillet was wrapped in a towel properly, and now it's got a nice blister.

I immediately ran cold water on it and try to keep it clean. Anything more that I can do? Should I pop the blister? I've heard mixed reviews about that...

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I burned the palm of my hand at my new job as a cook, thought a cast iron skillet was wrapped in a towel properly, and now it's got a nice blister.

I immediately ran cold water on it and try to keep it clean. Anything more that I can do? Should I pop the blister? I've heard mixed reviews about that...

You don't need to pop the blister.

Wash the area twice daily (and if soiled) with mild soap (Dial is fine) and warm water. Apply a thin layer of bacitracin. 

FWIW I'm an RN who previously spent 5 years working in a Burn Unit. Start there and let me know if there are any changes (increased redness, temp over 100.5, etc).  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wash the area twice daily (and if soiled) with mild soap (Dial is fine) and warm water. Apply a thin layer of bacitracin. 

FWIW I'm an RN who previously spent 5 years working in a Burn Unit. Start there and let me know if there are any changes (increased redness, temp over 100.5, etc).  

You're an RN and a rep for Dial soap. Confirmed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There's slight redness around it but otherwise normal

i don't have bactitracin but I've got anti-bacterial soap and antibacterial bandages that I'll apply to it

13 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

There's slight redness around it but otherwise normal

i don't have bactitracin but I've got anti-bacterial soap and antibacterial bandages that I'll apply to it

Get an aloe plant.  Perfect for repairing burns.

Edited by Bonanza23
Edit: no I'm not an RN and don't represent the fraternal order of aloe plants.