What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im too lazy to read that. I will say this though - prior to taking that test I thought psychology as a whole was bunk. Hell, I once read that couples that go to marriage counseling have a 60% chances of divorce. Thats worse than not going at all. So, now that you know my stance, I will say that for me personally the test was balls on accurate. Maybe its bunk and I am an exception. Thats obviously not to say it applies to all.

There is an obvious flaw in that stat.

26 minutes ago, Tyty said:

My interview is in an hour and a half. Relatively stressed lol

Skimming through, its a sales associate at Dicks right? Nothing to be stressed about. Express your interest in sports and communicating with people. That you are detail oriented, tidy and like to present a positive image to customers. Tell them your strong suit is your people skills, and if they ask for a weakness, tell them that you worry too much about making good impressions and it leads to stress. 

You got this man. 

And once you get it, I will drive to the store and get you fired. Enemy. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Statistics are like a blade without a handle

I love numbers but pretty much. You can get a stat to tell you whatever you want to hear. The flaw in the above, as I'm sure you realize, is that couples who are more likely to get divorced in the first place or screwed up royally are the ones attending these sessions.

Edited by Bullet Club

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Hell, I once read that couples that go to marriage counseling have a 60% chances of divorce. Thats worse than not going at all.

Uhhh.... you do realize that pretty much only people who are considering divorce go to marriage counseling, right? You’re comparing apples to oranges between the two groups. Of course the odds of saving marriages where the husband knocked up his secretary and the wife racked up $50,000 in credit card debt are going to be lower than the general population averages. Not every relationship has what the partners view as irreconcilable differences, but about 99% of those in marriage counselling do.

Only partially related but national divorce rates are amongst the lowest they have been in 40 years. The 50% ends in divorce stat is heavily skewed by people who get divorced multiple times-it doesn't reflect the general population for couples well.

23 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Only partially related but national divorce rates are amongst the lowest they have been in 40 years. The 50% ends in divorce stat is heavily skewed by people who get divorced multiple times-it doesn't reflect the general population for couples well.

Actually probably longer. As the peak was in ~1980 with ~40% of first marriages. Now we’re sitting somewhere between 20 and 30% of fort marriages ending in divorce.

Also, somewhat related, the #1 predictor of a marriage not ending in divorce is if the couple had preventative pre-marriage counseling. Those who seek out preventative pre-marriage counseling have the lowest divorce rate in the nation. But this isn’t necessarily because the counseling built a strong marriage. It turns out that the people who are willing to seek out help to build a strong relationship from the beginning are likely naturally predisposed to having better relationships. These people are willing to work through minor differences before they become major divides, and are willing to work to understand their partner. Turns out that makes for the healthiest marriages.

And conversely to get back on the last topic I was railing on, the people who let things fester to the point of having irreconcilable differences have very high divorce rates, regardless of whether they make a last ditch effort to save the marriage or not. The fact that 40% of them work things out is actually pretty impressive, to be honest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@iPwn so did you take the test or what? you asked me about it and then never gave me any info...

Did it just for you. ISFP-A. May or may not be accurate (to the extent it can be accurate to begin with). Lot of internal growth going on with pwny over the last year, so some of the things got answered based on past experiences but may not reflect who I’ve grown into (for instance I answered that I get extremely anxious speaking in front of crowds, but my experiences doing so now haven’t really made me feel anxious). I also struggled to answer some of the questions about focus and planning because I’m two different people on and off Adderall when it comes to that. Do I answer based on what I am naturally? Or based on how the the world experiences me due to the meds?

Only one that I’m certain on is the I. But your reasons for thinking I might be weren’t exactly right.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Only one that I’m certain on is the I. But your reasons for thinking I might be weren’t exactly right.

What do you mean? Its interesting that you feel you are strongly introverted. Obviously you know yourself way better than I do, but you dont come off that way (at least in this medium). 

14 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Nailed it. ENFP-T. I'm a campaigner.

Compared me to Robert Downy Jr and Will Smith (not Carlton, so I call shenanigans). Robin Williams, Quentin Tarantino, Michael Scott from The Office, Willie Wonka...

So...the only thing I took from that is I should be Iron Man.

Haha, this one was an easy call. And lets be real, if you are going to star in the Fresh Prince, you wanna be Will.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What do you mean? Its interesting that you feel you are strongly introverted. Obviously you know yourself way better than I do, but you dont come off that way (at least in this medium). 

I’m generally a quiet person. I can talk someone’s ears off if it’s a topic I’m focused on or know a lot about (hence why you get a lot from me when it comes to topics here, because I’m able to stay in my wheelhouse), but in general I’m much more reserved unless I have something to say. The text forum also allows for me to chose words wisely and express my inner thoughts that I might choose not to say out loud or would otherwise take time to express. So you do get my connections to people, social understandings and such that are very well developed, but they’re largely internal when not expressed in a medium like this.

I can be the life of the party when I need to be. Push people to talk more, go about those things. But I tend not to unless I’m in a situation that requires it. I really don’t have a problem chatting someone up at the bar, I just would rather not.

I wouldn’t say the artist is who I am because I’m not really a creative person. I have a deep appreciation for the creativity in music, but I approach that appreciation largely in an analytical way, if that makes sense. Though, I guess one could explain my interest in writing on topics on here or through other media and expressing things as I do as a form of artistic behavior, even if such things do come from somewhat analytical understandings.

Like jrry said, it’s not really scientific or anything. But it’s fun.