What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a bit extreme.... Pocket knifes, swiss army knifes, etc arent really made for attacking people (tho I guess you could in a bind). 

There's been a lot of campaigns in the UK to discourage people from carrying knives, so most normal people over here tend not to. You can carry a Swiss Army knife if you want, but there's generally no real need for one over here if you don't live in the back of beyond.

I don't know anyone who owns a knife that isn't a kitchen knife tbh.

Cultural differences and all that... 

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Other people do.

The fact that you don't think you need something, haven't yet needed something, or think you never will doesn't mean others feel the same.

I can honestly say I don't know a single person who carries it has thought of carrying a weapon. Tbh.

I think the mentality is just different here. 

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

I don't carry it with the thought of using it as a weapon either.

Yeah but people here don't just carry pocket knives or Swiss army knifes. In the UK you could probably be cautioned for carrying one, unless it was part of say a tool kit or part of your job. 

4 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Yeah but people here don't just carry pocket knives or Swiss army knifes. In the UK you could probably be cautioned for carrying one, unless it was part of say a tool kit or part of your job. 

Holy over regulation batman. Your gov/police needs to chill out. 

• Like 1

Let's just be honest here, you asked why he carries a knife to point out this difference so everyone knows where you stand on both country's politics. 

Unless of course you don't know the function of a knife or wanted to know specifically what he cuts with his knife...

You don't think they're necessary, others do. Neither are necessarily wrong.

We just get to make that decision for ourselves.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let's just be honest here, you asked why he carries a knife to point out this difference so everyone knows where you stand on both country's politics.

Not really. I had no idea carrying items like pocket knives were so common in the States. I have actually just been on my commute home, after another terrorist attack today in London, wondering if anybody on my train was carrying anything for potentially self defence. 

16 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Not really. I had no idea carrying items like pocket knives were so common in the States. I have actually just been on my commute home, after another terrorist attack today in London, wondering if anybody on my train was carrying anything for potentially self defence. 

I think it's easy to let the stereotypes of gun crazy Muricans run wild - we have a lot of diverse opinions. We aren't all gun crazy weirdos. If you want to know what it's really like in America, this is the best representation:

5kkrvk1liixy.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think it's easy to let the stereotypes of gun crazy Muricans run wild - we have a lot of diverse opinions. We aren't all gun crazy weirdos. If you want to know what it's really like in America, this is the best representation:

5kkrvk1liixy.jpg

Ha that's pretty cool, certainly beats out calling the fire brigade for a cat stuck up a tree. 

I don't fit a second think that about Americans fwiw, I known a bunch who have never and would never own one. 

I would just a bit surpassed by how many said they carried knives of some description.