What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In the future place a penny on top of a cup of ice in your freezer. If the penny has sunk to the bottom the ice has obviously melted and you'll know the food has to be thrown out but if it's still on the top of the ice, you're gtg.

That's a pretty neat trick

Its been a couple hours and I'm not hugging a toilet so I think I might be safe. Which is great because I bought 2 weeks worth of food before this whole hurricane mess and like I said, I'm cheap. Throwing out that much food is enough to make me have a mental breakdown 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

That's a pretty neat trick

Its been a couple hours and I'm not hugging a toilet so I think I might be safe. Which is great because I bought 2 weeks worth of food before this whole hurricane mess and like I said, I'm cheap. Throwing out that much food is enough to make me have a mental breakdown 

I saw it on Facebook or something and thought it was good info too.

I get it though, I'm the same way.  I'm a firm believer in expiration dates as nothing more than a possibility but you never know untill you try. Hasn't killed me yet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In the future place a penny on top of a cup of ice in your freezer. If the penny has sunk to the bottom the ice has obviously melted and you'll know the food has to be thrown out but if it's still on the top of the ice, you're gtg.

That's a great idea. Smell test has never failed me though

sometimes meat goes bad in just an hour or so. sometimes it can dip into the "danger zone" for hours or a day or more and be totally fine.

cook everything to safe temperatures, so throw out anything that must be enjoyed rare. Stuff you were gonna bring up to a safe temp anyways can probably be judged on a case by case basis

• Like 1