What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

What mobile browser does everyone use?

Considering giving up this site because the mobile version has transformed into a jam-something-we-cant-discuss-down-my-throat. Full page on occasion, sometimes in the middle of the thread, but the new permanent 1/4 of the bottom bar is basically close to being the final straw. I love this place, but I feel it's become a forum that displays something instead of a football forum. I mean as I sit here on the toilet making this post, there's one on top, one the size of the post immediately after the first post, a third also the size of the post at the bottom. That's rough, but I can avoid that and am used to it. But shoving an invasive banner as a fourth that requires me to click just to see part of the screen and even then is still blocking? This is getting ridiculous. 

I'm using chrome and don't have these issues at all.  Occasionally a full page banner.  And a collapsible permanent one at the top of the screen.  Like 1/8 of the screen.

1Screenshot_20180420_123805_Samsung_Inter

2Screenshot_20180420_123816_Samsung_Inter

3Screenshot_20180420_123824_Samsung_Inter

I literally just screen shotted this very thread to show what I have to view on a typical page here. The topic not discussed opens back up every single time I change the page even if I clicked to hide most of it.

Like I said, I can basically turn a blind eye to most issues. I've had issues with this site and this site alone rerouting me to full page spamware announcing I won something. Luckily that issue seems to be resolved. But instead there is now invasive non discussion topics.

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

What mobile browser does everyone use?

Considering giving up this site because the mobile version has transformed into a jam-something-we-cant-discuss-down-my-throat. Full page on occasion, sometimes in the middle of the thread, but the new permanent 1/4 of the bottom bar is basically close to being the final straw. I love this place, but I feel it's become a forum that displays something instead of a football forum. I mean as I sit here on the toilet making this post, there's one on top, one the size of the post immediately after the first post, a third also the size of the post at the bottom. That's rough, but I can avoid that and am used to it. But shoving an invasive banner as a fourth that requires me to click just to see part of the screen and even then is still blocking? This is getting ridiculous. 

Please remember that our sponsors cover the costs of running this forum.  Without ads there wouldn't be a forum.   We are currently experimenting with some different types of mobile advertising in an effort to give exposure to our sponsors who pay for the forum, while still maintaining a good user experience for our members.   We will try to make the ads as unobtrusive as possible, but we do want members to notice the ads and understand that they are necessary to support this free forum.    Please be patient while we work with sponsors and members to find a balance that will make everyone happy.  

Almost all the mobile ads we are testing have an 'X' or 'arrow' to close or hide them.  Ads should not cover the content or break the layout.  You should not see any kind of app redirects, downloads or other invasive or obnoxious ads.   If an ad is doing this on your browser, it is due to a technical issue with the advertisement or a problem with your browser, computer, or phone.   Try rebooting your computer or phone to see if that solves the issue.   If that doesn't work send me a PM and I will look into it.  

Please do not discuss the ads on the forum.   If you have feedback, comments or technical issues with an ad, please send me a PM.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Yeah there's no explaining to anyone you don't like Mac and cheese lol. A doctor could tell you you'll die one second after your next bowl of Mac and cheese and y'all would just say f it

You say you don't like mac and cheese one more time and you might die a second later.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Yeah there's no explaining to anyone you don't like Mac and cheese lol. A doctor could tell you you'll die one second after your next bowl of Mac and cheese and y'all would just say f it

Then stop trying! You're making my ears bleed!