What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

@LETSGOBROWNIES

Your post about Vertical Harvest made me thingk of another farm I found when looking into aquaponics

Side note: I want to build a pond (got the wife’s go ahead to start this winter) to raise tilapia and an aquaponics bed to grow veggies with the fish waste as a fertilizer 

from what I’ve read it’s a very efficient way to grow veggies and leafy greens. 

Not exactly sure how big of a pond I would need to raise 50 baby tilapia into adults, but I’m thinking that would be a good number to try for next summer. It would provide me a fish meal a week for almost a year. Planning on starting it this winter to have it ready for next summer, real excited.

Edited by domepatrol91
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Just breathe better.

No doubt. I got it when I had hypoxia bad and my oxygen level consistently hovered around 82%. It's okayish now, I've mostly been using it for sleep apnea. My insurance ran out right when I was gonna do my final sleep apnea test since they already told me I had mild to moderate sleep apnea. Gonna be waking up disoriented every day for a while without my oxygen lol 

11 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Gonna be waking up disoriented every day for a while without my oxygen lol 

I wouldn’t worry about that too much, happened to my great grandma when she was in her 90s and she lived a couple more years after that.

Edited by domepatrol91

14 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Side note: I want to build a pond (got the wife’s go ahead to start this winter) to raise tilapia and an aquaponics bed to grow veggies with the fish waste as a fertilizer 

Not exactly sure how big of a pond I would need to raise 50 baby tilapia into adults, but I’m thinking that would be a good number to try for next summer. It would provide me a fish meal a week for almost a year. Planning on starting it this winter to have it ready for next summer, real excited.

Sounds pretty cool.  

Side note to your side note: i remember listening to podcast that talked a little bit about a fish farm.  They lost some ridiculous amount of fish to flamingos.  They were ok with it because the birds actually helped the fish ecosystem in some way.  If the birds didn't pick off like 30% of their fish population, that created other worse problems for them.

So be prepared to lose some fish to birds.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Sounds pretty cool.  

Side note to your side note: i remember listening to podcast that talked a little bit about a fish farm.  They lost some ridiculous amount of fish to flamingos.  They were ok with it because the birds actually helped the fish ecosystem in some way.  If the birds didn't pick off like 30% of their fish population, that created other worse problems for them.

So be prepared to lose some fish to birds.

I don’t know that we have any predator birds like that here. 

We have like robins, starlings, pigeons and crows from what I’ve seen. But I’ll keep that in mind and be on the lookout for bigger birds in the area.

Im more worried about raccoons and coyotes. but I have a guard dog and punting leg and if we’re being honest my dog is no use. And also I might lose a fight with a coyote. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I wouldn’t worry about that too much, happened to my great grandma when she was in her 90s and she lived a couple more years after that.

You sayin I'm gonna join the 27 club?

8 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES

Your post about Vertical Harvest made me thingk of another farm I found when looking into aquaponics

That sounds awesome!

Give them a call if you have any questions, they couldn’t have been more exicted to discuss everything. I’m sure they’d give you some tips.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyty said:

No doubt. I got it when I had hypoxia bad and my oxygen level consistently hovered around 82%. It's okayish now, I've mostly been using it for sleep apnea. My insurance ran out right when I was gonna do my final sleep apnea test since they already told me I had mild to moderate sleep apnea. Gonna be waking up disoriented every day for a while without my oxygen lol 

It’s more than just grogginess, sleep apnea stresses your heart significantly.

If you can, try to keep it.  

Also, call the DME company that supplies the concentrator and ask if they’d take a lesser amount if you pay in full (if you can) immediately. Sometimes that works.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES