What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Went to the eye doctor today and finally got contacts and got em in for the first time in my life. They’re a weird gritty feel but I miss them already after having to flip back to glasses. Very awkward transition. Maybe because I’ve lesrned I have an astigmatism and the contacts correct it or whatever 

On 5/2/2019 at 11:14 PM, jrry32 said:

I can say that as a fed, it's definitely unfair how good our insurance options are. I think my deductible is like $400 or $500. My plan covers basically everything. And it only costs me like $250 per month. It sucks those sort of plans aren't more widely available at a reasonable cost.

That’s pretty good. Before insurance stuff changed, and I worked for a gov’t contractor, I was paying $115 every 2 weeks for all my insurance stuff, with a $250 deductible. Now I pay around $400 every 2 weeks, and have a $3k deductible. It’s for a family, but it’s still a lot of money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Its wonderful when you are already short staffed for an overtime event on Sunday and then get a text from someone saying they drank too much last night and won't be coming in.

Yup, those are the worst. Had a few happen before, I've actually written up people for it (not specifically for this - this was just a straw that broke backs). 

Seriously, be responsible if you're scheduled for the weekend.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Had a Nashville Hot Chicken sandwich last night. It was sooo good but so spicy.

Protip for anyone who travels to Nashville: Hattie B's sucks.  Don't believe the hype.

Prince's is the best, but someone plowed into it with a car, so...I don't know, go to Bolton's?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Yup, those are the worst. Had a few happen before, I've actually written up people for it (not specifically for this - this was just a straw that broke backs). 

At the very least, lie about it. Admitting you’re too hung over to come in is asking to be fired. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dome said:

At the very least, lie about it. Admitting you’re too hung over to come in is asking to be fired. 

Pretty much, yep. Fake a stomach virus or something - but you're basically telling everyone that you don't have your priorities in line and your irresponsibly is going to make others work harder to pick up your slack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Pretty much, yep. Fake a stomach virus or something - but you're basically telling everyone that you don't have your priorities in line and your irresponsibly is going to make others work harder to pick up your slack.

I knew a guy who came to work, then made himself throw up so he could be sent home to start his 4 day weekend.

Thats how you do it. 

He got fired like a month later for coming in drunk, but still. He had a good run.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

2 hours ago, Dome said:

It was voluntary but at the same time I needed to make sure we had enough folks to manage the reviews. Typically if you commit and then no show it's something that can write someone up for. 

Everything went smoothly, but it certainly isn't the best news to get the morning of.

She basically said she saw her ex of 13 years for the first time in almost a year, which apparently meant get wasted and go home with someone else. I appreciated that at least she gave me a heads up instead of no warning, but sheesh lol

• Like 1

So I consider myself to be a pretty good coach for youth sports. Kids learn, they listen to me, they hustle, and they support each other REALLY well. It is a fun environment, and I'm lucky to have a number of good athletes, and SUPER lucky to have so many parents that will work with their kids on their own time. This has resulted in absolutely dominating other teams in football and a really high win percentage in baseball, softball, and basketball.

But I stepped back and happily went to assistant coach for my son's traveling team after finding out the guy who is HC was a Div I player and was an volunteer assistant at his alma mater and then an actual assistant coach for a few years at a smaller program. He only stopped because the time constraints were too much for him with a new family. Now that his kid is 8 he took up coaching and this guy is WAY better of a coach than I am. He has rotated players all over in practices and games until every kid is now at 2-3 positions that suit them, he has all of them competing against each other and still rooting for each other, and writes down notes constantly. Then he works with each player on something that he wants them to improve on (granted that is easier with 11 kids than it is 24, but still), not just his own kid. End result - today we won a tournament championship and over the 4 games had a +38 run differential. Kids beat every team handily, but still were good sports. Learned a lot from him and I'm pumped to get to take some of this to football where I'll be trying to do the same.

• Like 2