What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Got in an argument with a bartender yesterday night cause the three of us split tips but the other two are entitled to the tips they received before I arrived and I divvied up all our tips before knowing they didn’t do that before I got there. So I told him just figure out what they were due and I’d pull it from my tips and give it to them to divide and he said he couldn’t do that because to make it even he’d had to combine all the tips again to divide the shares out evenly. All they needed to do though was divide that figure by 3 and I’d give them that third they were missing since our cut was all even and they didn’t need to take any from theirs. So the guy got mad when I said it and said I didn’t know what I was talking about so I just gave him the tips and he did it all over again so it went from a 35 second problem to a 35 minute problem lol

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Of all the things that irrationally piss me off, NJ not letting you pump your own gas is near the top of that list.  

I had no clue this was a thing until I visited.

Got out of my truck to pump the gas and the dude asks what I need and I snicker something to the effect of “I’m pretty sure I got this chief” to which he had to explain to me that I’m an ignorant tourist.

Felt emasculating and kinda nice all at the same time though tbh.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I had no clue this was a thing until I visited.

Got out of my truck to pump the gas and the dude asks what I need and I snicker something to the effect of “I’m pretty sure I got this chief” to which he had to explain to me that I’m an ignorant tourist.

Felt emasculating and kinda nice all at the same time though tbh.

When traffic is heavy and you pull off to a massive line waiting for gas it's so infuriating.  When there's a lot of cars it's incredibly slower than just pumping on your own.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Of all the things that irrationally piss me off, NJ not letting you pump your own gas is near the top of that list.  

It’s the same in Oregon. I live in Washington right on the border and constantly see people with Oregon plates who are too dumb to pump their own gas..

i watched a woman struggling for a couple minutes trying to get the diesel pump to fit in her Kia spectra. I showed her the gas pump and went in to get a drink. 

I came back out and she was squeezing the lever so I told her she can flip the little lever underneath to make it pump automatically. She told me “thanks but that’s Ok, I know those things don’t work all the time and I don’t want any to spill”

ok

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dome said:

She told me “thanks but that’s Ok, I know those things don’t work all the time and I don’t want any to spill”

That actually happened to me once. I still use the lever lock though. 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nah, we aren't ignorant tourists.  49 states and most countries have this thing all figured out
Seems like the ignorance is mostly in NJ... and a couple of dudes in the original First Blood movie

v1.bjs1NjU3NTU7ajsxODE0MTsxMjAwOzIwMDA7M

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theJ said:

That actually happened to me once. I still use the lever lock though. 

I'm sure it happens from time to time, it's why they have the signs saying you're responsible for fills.

But this lady who apparently had never pumped gas before must've heard dozens of stories from her friends who don't pump their gas either lol

Edited by Dome

This reminds me that I saw a guy drive away with the nozzle still in his car last wee. It made a really loud sound when it popped off, and he just kept driving, dragging the hose behind him.

You see pictures on facebook and stuff when morons do this, but it was the first time I actually saw it happen. 

• Like 1