What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, theJ said:

Not only that, but companies know that a good employee is going to work extra before and after vacation to get their work done anyway.  You can give me an extra week of vacation, and i'll take it.  But it just means i'm working more 50-60 hour weeks to get ahead/catch up than if i had been in the office.

Newton's 4th law: For every day of PTO, there is an equal and opposite crunch before and after the PTO.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Does that 12 days not include standard holidays? Most companies  give 10 set holidays, and then 80 hours of PTO as a starting point (so a total of 20 days). Usually bump up to 120 and then 160 hours PTO based on tenure. 

Of course I get holidays but I didn't think anyone counted holidays in addition to the the time off but I didn't think anyone included holidays in their total time off, I certainly don't and never will. For what it's worth, I'd go from 10 to 8 holidays. Not sure which of MLK, Presidents, Columbus, or Veterans day I'd be losing but I'm assuming it's some combination of those 2. Technically the 12 days I'd be getting is 10 + 2 floating holidays but floating holidays are PTO that have to be entered into the calendar differently but it's a huge step back from my current role that's 23 + 2. I guess the biggest difference is right now my PTO and sick time are supposed to come out of the same pool of days, which is pretty dumb for me because Minneapolis requires companies to provide seperate sick time anyway. Even still, in 6 years, I haven't taken a single sick day since I can work remote if I have a cold. Sick time can't be scheduled in advance so it's worthless. I guess my biggest complication right now is that I'm scheduled to take 3 weeks off in November and another week(and maybe an extra day in February) and changing jobs and asking for a month off in the first 6 months seems like an awkward situation that I'd rather avoid. 

But really America needs to get in line with the rest of the "western" world.

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm not much of a cruncher tbh 

Depends on the job really, for most.  I wouldn't be a cruncher, but i have responsibilities i can't shirk onto the next guy.  So, i have to crunch if i want my job duties to be done.

I am 34 and 97% retired. 

I put my resume on indeed and now think I am going to accept 2 additional jobs. 

This is going to put a dent in watching netflix and fondling myself all day, but probably worth it. Idle hands and what not. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Tucson city council meetings are litty. trump supporters getting laughed out of the building, banjo player, duets. seems like a great time.

the banjo player and duet is in the tread 

I kept waiting for the banjo battle to break out during the Trumpy's yelling.  I was mislead, and I want that 40 seconds back.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:36 AM, Matts4313 said:

Someone explain to me how google voice works. I can set up a different phone number that rings to my cell phone but goes to a different voicemail? 

I should just google it, but I want to give one of you a chance to flex your nerd knowledge. Ill end up researching anyways. 

Its like having a completely secondary line in your phone. You can call/text from a different line, but it goes through your cell. You can also text from your computer and check voicemails etc at voice.google.com. you download the app on your phone and then you can dial out from it. 

I use it, and its great. The voicemails never fill up. I have it set up so that when someone calls the number, its shows up on my cell as a contact ive created called 'google phone'. it has its own ring etc and I know its a non-emergency call coming in. 

17 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its like having a completely secondary line in your phone. You can call/text from a different line, but it goes through your cell. You can also text from your computer and check voicemails etc at voice.google.com. you download the app on your phone and then you can dial out from it. 

I use it, and its great. The voicemails never fill up. I have it set up so that when someone calls the number, its shows up on my cell as a contact ive created called 'google phone'. it has its own ring etc and I know its a non-emergency call coming in. 

so you get a lot of random #s calling you?

I do. Tho it doesn't bother me because I turned off the call notifications so I don't even know when someone calls on it lol.

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

so you get a lot of random #s calling you?

I do. Tho it doesn't bother me because I turned off the call notifications so I don't even know when someone calls on it lol.

Ironically I get zero spam calls on that number, but I get a lot on my real cell's line. I do get a lot of calls on that google number, but that's by design

It was ahead of its time when I got it 5 years ago. The transcribed voicemails are so clutch, but most phones do that now. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I kept waiting for the banjo battle to break out during the Trumpy's yelling.  I was mislead, and I want that 40 seconds back.

he plays a whole song in a tweet below in the thread

seems weird but I guess it is a anti-nuclear weapons song so maybe not

I have mistakenly commented on a friend's political post on Facebook and the amount of tags / responses I have gotten are ridiculous, lol.
No more comment on this. But yikers. It's my own fault though. I knew better.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Tucson city council meetings are litty. trump supporters getting laughed out of the building, banjo player, duets. seems like a great time.

the banjo player and duet is in the tread 

Green shirt guy is going to be a meme