What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

No, your options would be Minnesota (Western Conference), or Chicago (Eastern conference, puke).

However, Madison has an awesome USL1 team (Division 3 of pro soccer)

Minnesota or Chicago?

Gross.

Any small market teams?

Just pursuing the list, it amuses me that Utah has a team, so maybe I will be a Salt Lake fan

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Minnesota or Chicago?

Gross.

Any small market teams?

Just pursuing the list, it amuses me that Utah has a team, so maybe I will be a Salt Lake fan

Nashville is a new expansion team if you want to ride that bandwagon. It'll be a rough season just like an expansion team, but they have some decent players.

Salt Lake is a decent team. Portland has a great fanbase. Screw both LA teams, Seattle, Kansas City and Dallas. None of the Eastern teams are worth following except Miami (they are also new expansion team, owned by David Beckham). 

I'd recommend looking into Forward Madison though. Their social media presence is elite, and smaller clubs are so much fun. 

Minnesota is the real deal though. Best stadium and jerseys in the league. It is gonna be a good season. I'm not sure where you live but if you are in WI your best chance to see games will be MN on Fox Sports, unless you have ESPN+ and can see every game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Minnesota or Chicago?

Gross.

Any small market teams?

They're called Real Salt Lake, I think the only name worse is Sporting KC. You may not like our Minnesota Lake Ducks but Chicago's team is an actual disaster and that's kind of cool. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'd recommend looking into Forward Madison though. Their social media presence is elite, and smaller clubs are so much fun. 

yeah maybe I will try Madison

its hard to care about a non WI team

it looks like they start this weekend too

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

They're called Real Salt Lake, I think the only name worse is Sporting KC. You may not like our Minnesota Lake Ducks but Chicago's team is an actual disaster and that's kind of cool. 

The title Real (Spanish pronunciation: [reˈal]) is a Spanish word that means 'royal' in English. The term is usually used by Spanish clubs who have received royal patronage from a reigning Spanish king, the most famous of which include Real Madrid, Real Zaragoza, Real Betis and Real Sociedad. In choosing the name Real, owner Dave Checketts intended to create a brand name that would become well known for its simplicity, as well as an association with the world-famous club in Madrid that the club had been striving toward.[3]

One of the reasons for using Real was founder Dave Checketts' admiration for Real Madrid during his time as the general manager of the National Basketball Association (NBA)'s Utah Jazz franchise. Checketts also found it encouraging that Real Madrid had a basketball team as well.[4]

Just now, Malfatron said:

@Heimdallr are there ties in Madisons league, or do they shootout to pick a winner?

In regular season there are draws. Wins are 2 points, draws are 1 point. In USL1, the top four teams make the playoffs.

There will also be the US Open Cup, which is a tournament across all levels of US soccer, from amateur up to MLS. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

In regular season there are draws. Wins are 2 points, draws are 1 point. In USL1, the top four teams make the playoffs.

There will also be the US Open Cup, which is a tournament across all levels of US soccer, from amateur up to MLS. 

thanks!

who are Madisons top 3 threats in your estimation?

so i can root against them

Just now, Malfatron said:

thanks!

who are Madisons top 3 threats in your estimation?

so i can root against them

The teams that made the playoffs last year were North Texas, Lansing, Greenville and Madison. 

Madison is also considered an unofficial affiliate with Minnesota, so we send some young players down there to get playing time. Last year there were 3-4 players from the Loons playing for Madison. 

• Like 1