What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My initial focus was over the sketchy practice of these field sales reps and some of the backdoors taken to get Blockbusters through FDA approvals. (Vioxx was the big story back then, so it was low hanging fruit).

The Vioxx story has many facets, one of them was that the entire pharma industry went to a standardized format for submissions to the FDA.
Up until that point, companies used different forms, different formats and different ways of sorting the data; each submission was an island unto itself
And that prevented the FDA from catching the Vioxx, Celebrex heart issues sooner.

Now they all got religion in terms of eCTD ( electronic Common Technical Document) and CDISC (Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium)

The sales reps are still sketchy as hell but at least there are more eyes watching them now

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The sales reps are still sketchy as hell but at least there are more eyes watching them now

This is promising, that was a huge drop on the FDA, I think. 

One item I was diving into that lent itself to that FDA drop - Blockbusters such as Celebrex and Vioxx, drugs designed to treat symptoms and not necessarily "cure" anything. It's good enough to get you to forget what's wrong for 4-6 hours, until you need to pop another. These Blockbusters were the holy grail, they created a psuedo dependency, while not really correcting a single thing - when you create a Blockbuster, it's found money in essence. You race to the finish line, and start cashing checks once you get approval and in a pharmacy.

In 1987, Merck gave away a vaccine for river blindness to impoverished countries - no earnings, no revenue. From this to pushing a dangerous product such as Vioxx; That's more than an "earnings statement" driven decision, there is something that fundamentally changed in the corporate culture (or at least that's what I was driving towards...)

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't remember which special it was on, but it wasn't the one with the gun control bit. Watch it, it's way way meaner because the crowd takes a second or two to figure it out.

Yeah that bit came from his special after the gun control special. He went HAM in that one. So good.

true or false from your point of view ?

"The voice in your head has a pre- determined volume, you can not increase or decrease it." 

"I would be totally fine with mosquitos drinking my blood if the bites didn’t itch afterword."

"Flipping a coin and realizing how much you dislike the outcome is more useful for decision making than the actual result of the flip."

"I wish it was possible to see your life stats. Like how many bugs you’ve killed, how many chips you’ve eaten, how many miles you’ve driven etc."